Casa de mi padre - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Casa de mi padre Reviews

July 24, 2017
A strange artistic choice for Will Ferrell, even as a parody of old timey Mexican soap operas. While not very funny, it's oddly captivating in it's own casual way.
July 2, 2017
....WARNING YOU HAVE GOT TO WATCH THE END OF THE CREDITS THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE AS SOMETHING HAPPENES AT THE END OF THE CREDITS THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE........
April 17, 2017
CULT CLASSIC!! If you don't like it you don't get classic Norte˝o Mexican movies/novelas so move along kind sirs/ma'ams!! Forever a fan.
April 17, 2017
Will Ferrell talking Spanish in a full non-English language movie?! I need see this!
October 4, 2016
Poorly executed concept
½ August 6, 2016
Hell yeah I'm watching this! Will Ferrell as a Mexican...fricken hilarious!
July 13, 2016
the 5 minutes of opening credits is bad then u are met with sub titles. A cool cast so u try to fight through it only to find disappointment . Where is the honor in being jealous of your brother will ferrell? Wills brother is beloved by his father and what does will do. Voices his haterd for his bro that is drug dealer and trys to steal his hot wife. This is the guy you have to root for.
½ April 11, 2016
Might have worked as a trailer. Or maybe a short, but that would be pushing it. It's not funny enough to watch the whole thing, and it's annoying, long, and boring. The fact that this is from Will Ferrell is so sad. But, I understand what he was trying to do. I can't say anyone specifically will like it. I think it's selective. But that definitely doesn't mean watch it. If you watch it and like it, good for you. And if you don't, then I'm sorry.
March 12, 2016
Not the funniest will ferrell film and was lacking in jokes, however this was a bold move and wasn't that bad of a film. A parody of old spanish films, casa di mi padre is deliberately filmed poorly, with bad continuity and noticeable props and backdrops. This all adds to the comedy and has suttle laughs as apposed with laugh out loud moments we are so used to seeing Ferrell in.
March 7, 2016
I enjoyed it more than I do most Will Ferrell material.
March 6, 2016
Liked the idea, had a few funny moments, but ultimately not very satisfying.
½ February 19, 2016
Although this movie has pretty bad Rotten Tomatoes scores, it became one of my favorite Will Ferrell's movies!! So entertaining in a weird way.
December 25, 2015
Maybe it's funnier if you speak Spanish as your first language? Pretty much a shit tier western with the added schtick that it's en Espan├Ál.
December 3, 2015
A good b movie with a pretty good cast kinda cool seeing Will Farrell speak Spanish
November 16, 2015
Not one of Will Ferrels most popular movie but I thought it was hillarious
November 10, 2015
I don't think that Will Ferrell speaking Spanish is inherently funny, which I couldn't tell if the film thought that it would be. But overall I thought it was a passably silly spoof and seemed similar to the Spoils of Babylon in terms of quirky stuff. I love anything with Gael Garcia Bernal and Diego Luna. And call me crazy but I do think Will Ferrell is a comedian with pathos. So I thought is was decent but I was also on pain meds watching this so who knows.
November 9, 2015
Comedy is very subjective and you'll either get it or don't. I found this one to be another hilarious entry to the wink wink nudge nudge satire spoof selection. Like Kung Pow did with kung fu movies and Black Dynamite did with blaxploitation films this does with Mexican soap operas. I've never seen a Mexican soap opera so going into this with zero knowledge of this genre and I still had a good time with cheap sets, actors cloths changing between shots, riding fake horses with even more fake backgrounds that look like they got from a high school playhouse. And you get some great actors from the Latino world. Diego Luna whom I really enjoy is great. Gael Garcia who I know more for his serious roles felt very natural in a comedy setting. And jaw dropping beauty Genesis Rodriguez who mad a great turn as eye candy in Man on a Ledge shows she is more then looks this time around. And Will Ferrell being a white actor in a spoof of Mexican culture speaking in Spanish are half the jokes right there. What I love so much about spoof movies are the actors themselves. I think it's much harder to act in a movie like this because the actors have to act like they aren't in a spoof but an actual movie. And Ferrell pulls it off genuinely.
½ October 12, 2015
La habilidad para el desastre de Will Ferrell da├▒a la presencia de Gael Garc├şa Bernal y Diego Luna (aparte de Pedro Armend├íriz y la presencia cantando de ├l Puma). Escuchar a Will Ferrell hablar espa├▒ol es comparable a que Alvin el de los Chipmunks declame poes├şa o que un perro ma├║lle.P├ (C)sima direcci├│n y libreto­~í
September 13, 2015
Subtle humor, blend of Mel Brooks and Monty Python sensibilities. Watch closely for the silly discontinuities, sets, dumb edits, etc. A very funny turn, if you take it all in. Ferrell is a comic genius, not to speak of a great actor.
½ August 22, 2015
Entertaining and funny. Will make you laugh long after watching the movie with it campy depictions. Unless you are oblivious to the intentional campiness, you find the move amusing. Violence, special effects, dialogue, scene filming are so intentionally bad as it is intended to make you laugh and succeeding in doing so. .