Chasing Freedom Reviews

• Oct 05, 2012

Enlightening, I think, but can't help wondering if the awful depiction of Afghanistan is how "they" want us to believe it is. I think not, and I certainly don't want to go see for myself, but still . . . . . . . . . Interesting movie either way, and if the depiction is accurate, incredible to think there is such backwardness in existence in 2012.

• Nov 29, 2008

bon film pour avoir un apercu du super regime des talibans en afghanistan et du processus des refugies aux usa

• May 27, 2008

I had never heard of this...and what a nice little surprise this was....real emotional ending...not usually a Lewis fan buts she's very good in this...good movie

• Mar 12, 2008

The basic premise of the story was good, although the acting wasn't great. The change in Juliette Lewis' character seemed too drastic.

• Mar 04, 2008

Very simple by today's standards of movie making but I love Juliette Lewis! good movie!

• Feb 22, 2008

Wow. Amazing movie. A simple, touching story. Honest. Incredibly moving. And it's a home-grown Canadian film - go Canada!

• Feb 14, 2008

Didn't know what this was about till Jeev rented it....it was touching and tells the horrible things that have happened to Afgan woman

• Ida K Super Reviewer
    Jan 18, 2008

This movie made me appreciate being an American!

This movie made me appreciate being an American!

• Dec 28, 2007

i cant believe this movie was based on a true story

i cant believe this movie was based on a true story

• Leo L Super Reviewer
    Dec 24, 2007

An interesting movie! It's great to see an actress like Lewis starring in a highly dramatic movie such as this one. Its also great to see that this film centralizes around a controversial issue that depicts a view of one woman's survival and journey, without undermining a religion that is beautiful and serene of itself. Like all existing religions throughout the world, its just the politics, actions, and belief structures of certain individuals that belittle, cruelly impose, and distort, the original intentions of God's words and message. The structural belief of humanity is tested in the form of law(s), and basic compassion is overlooked in some forms. Layla Alizada, Juliette Lewis, and Brian Markinson stars. Worth seeing!