The Chronicles of Riddick - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Chronicles of Riddick Reviews

June 4, 2017
Riddickulous ! an ego trip for vin diesel. from the beginning we are exposed to a flawless superman who will save the world even if hes too bad ass to even want to. i had to stop watching after a while ... it was just bad ! kudos to the creator of the special effects. kind of reminded me of captain power meets star gate
May 23, 2017
One of the better sci-fi movies ever made, with a great story line and one of the better endings ever. Well played Riddick!
½ May 8, 2017
Diesel and his one dimensional acting. Good special effects though. Overall a good action flick with no substance.
March 15, 2017
Classic. Best of the Riddick series. Diesel owned and grew the character beyond Pitch Black. Please make more.
½ January 20, 2017
Chronicles of Riddick is a mix of things that are great and a let down, but it certainly expands this Sci fi story. Riddick remains a fun anti-hero to go on a journey with, but maybe should be enjoyed in a less bloated story.
½ January 18, 2017
Pitch Black was a suspenseful little movie, the directors cut of Chronicles is an epic retelling of Macbeth that works on all levels. One of the most touching death scenes ever and a very cool ending for our hero as well.
December 20, 2016
I thought this was the best movie I had ever watched when it came out. A Science Fiction Adventure.
December 17, 2016
2015-12-17 lots of sci-fi action
December 7, 2016
Tediuous and mind numbing sequel to the somewhat interesting Pitch Black that has Riddick in a mind blowingly convuluted film with sci fi gladiators, prisoners etc. Just so tedious.
½ October 25, 2016
This was quite enjoyable for a guilty pleasure sci fi action movie. I actually love the character arc and it leaves me wanting more.
½ September 25, 2016
1.5/5. Am extremely disappointing sequel to the awesome Pitch Black. The special effects are very dated and the movie is pretty boring.
August 27, 2016
Probably my favorite SciFi movie of all time. The back story is a perfect fantasy scenario complete with a very satifying ending. Near the end of the story, you think Riddick is going to die, but something else happens.
½ August 17, 2016
Another great antihero film in the dark universe he carves his way through.
August 4, 2016
Nada que ver con la primera, fueron muy ambiciosos con esta secuela. De hecho la 3era es como un remake de la 1. Por lo que The Chronicles of Riddick ni parece parte de la trilogía. Me parece una muy buena película. Muy original. Lo malo es que en la versión extendida algunas escenas nuevas no fueron terminadas y tienen efectos malísimos. Esa escena la hubieran dejado como escena eliminada.
½ August 3, 2016
Tries to paint Riddick as a hero instead of an anti-hero vaguely hinting at some half-brained prophecy. It seems far fetched that Riddick gets caught up in some universe saving plot. The action movie fan in me enjoys it for what it is, but the sci-fi fan in me found it boring and unimaginative. Plus the special effects on this $105 million budgeted movie look worse than the $23 million budgeted Pitch Black.
½ July 3, 2016
Far better than the critics would have you believe, and the although I've only watched the Directors Cut version, I believe this is said to be the better of the two version. The budget is bigger than its predecessor, and it shows with some decent CGI that holds up nicely over ten years later. Despite being a sort of space opera, the plot isn't as convulted as you might expect. Director David Twohy keeps things mostly straightforward and linear and the pacing is perfectly solid. Vin Diesel of course reprises the role of Riddick and is once again given some decent one liners (that are used sparingly and he delivers with style) and the film incorporates some good action sequences. Everything flows together smoothly and quickly enough, and as a sci-fi universe that hasn't previously been expanded beyond the characters and planet in 'Pitch Black', the narrative is tidy and explains clearly what is happening without going to deep into some of the more extraneous characters like the one played by Judi Dench. Is it better or as good as 'Pitch Black'? No, but it's still worth a watch, especially just to see Vin Diesel's solid performance.
June 29, 2016
Action, and nearly epic story. Wonder if the fourth installment will be as epic as this one.
½ June 29, 2016
RIDDICK IS BACK BADDER THEN EVER, WITH GREAT ACTION . AS IT COMES OUT TO SHOW WHY HE IS THE BAD ASS AND WHAT MADE HIM SO.
½ June 29, 2016
Most of this movie's appeal comes simply from being another Riddick installment. If it was a standalone it would probably be both better reviewed, and less critically received. It definitely didnt live up to Pitch Black.
June 29, 2016
Once again we get a Riddick movie. It makes a lot more sense with the RESTORED footage than without. This is why this series won't die. On home video it tells the whole story. When you tell a good story people watch. If they'd stop chopping the Theatrical Version of these films they might actually make more money. If you saw the film at Theaters you owe yourself a chance to get the answers you were deprived of. Loaded with attitude, action, and now good storytelling this is a good film.