The Chronicles of Riddick - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Chronicles of Riddick Reviews

June 6, 2018
One of my favorite space operas. Liked it better than the original or threequel.
April 11, 2018
Few good action scenes, and i do enjoy the character Riddick in this. Not quite as good as pitch black. Doesn't feel like a sequel, but mildly enjoyable.
March 31, 2018
Incredibly cringeworthy and hard to watch.
½ March 14, 2018
6.5/10 Undeniably stupid but still pretty entertaining, The Chronicles of Riddick should satisfy fans of Vin Diesel or Pitch Black.
February 18, 2018
This was the only trilogy whats his name did worth seeing.
½ February 17, 2018
Intense and enthralling science-fiction marvel! Vin Diesel as Riddick commands every scene as the anti-hero who has to save the day. This film has many imaginative details and offers a future/alternative reality where war, religion, power and turmoil continue to challenge human decision-making.
We are swept away in a nonstop action story and learn about the mysterious origins of the character Riddick. We also re-meet a few previous characters, especially the lovely "Jack," who considers Riddick her role model for killing. The Necromongers, a culture of death and destruction, are the perfect elegantly evil enemies.
The sets are amazing--a frozen planet, a burning planet, an underground prison, a throne room with ominous semi-dead creatures. All of the actors seem to enjoy their roles and play them with passion and determination. The exotic background music always adds the right touch.
This movie can be viewed again and again and will always thrill and delight!
February 17, 2018
superior sequel, very good sci-fi adventure
February 11, 2018
The reviews of this film are a complete mystery to me. "Pitch Black," "Chronicles of Riddick" and the final installment "Riddick" is one of the best sci fi films ever trilogies ever made. Great action, good acting and, for its time, really good special effects. Further proof that most critics are idiots.
December 29, 2017
I love this film. Most iconic, heroic main hero ever! Watched it at least 10 times and will keep on watching it. Thanks Vin, you are the best :-D
½ October 13, 2017
A fun science fiction action movie.
August 6, 2017
Due to see the 3rd film in the series soon (not counting Dark Fury) so thought I'd better catch up. Glad I've finally got round to watching the 2nd instalment, as it was definitely a lot of fun.
It's hard not to love the Riddick character...as he is unashamedly badass. Definitely one to have on your side and not against you.
This film had some flaws, but I was willing to forgive, as I enjoyed the overall entertaining spectacle. Some nice design and beautiful landscapes gave the film a semi epic scale and gave the world conquerors that much more of an impact. Some of the stunts were obviously wire work, but it was done subtle enough to fade into the background. There are some awesome set pieces, and whenever there is a showdown due with Riddick and some bad guys you are sure to be smiling and revelling in the cartoon violence. This is still Vin Diesel at his best and most comfortable...and always a joy to watch him play this character. Some respectable performances from the supporting cast. Thandie Newton very sexy as the royal temptress, and a young Karl Urban being...well...er ... all manly and brooding. Colm Feore also does well as the Lord Commander, moving and talking with all the authority required of his character.
This doesn't have the impact of the 1st film...and the dark "horror" tone is lost in favour for more grandeur sci-fi. It's still a great piece of action sci-fi cinema, and will remain a solid addition to the series.

Additional note:

Best line in the film - "Itâ??s been a long time since I smelled beautiful..." Words that could only be delivered with credibility by Riddick. I donâ??t think anyone else could pull it off. Fantastic
June 4, 2017
Riddickulous ! an ego trip for vin diesel. from the beginning we are exposed to a flawless superman who will save the world even if hes too bad ass to even want to. i had to stop watching after a while ... it was just bad ! kudos to the creator of the special effects. kind of reminded me of captain power meets star gate
May 23, 2017
One of the better sci-fi movies ever made, with a great story line and one of the better endings ever. Well played Riddick!
½ May 8, 2017
Diesel and his one dimensional acting. Good special effects though. Overall a good action flick with no substance.
March 15, 2017
Classic. Best of the Riddick series. Diesel owned and grew the character beyond Pitch Black. Please make more.
½ January 20, 2017
Chronicles of Riddick is a mix of things that are great and a let down, but it certainly expands this Sci fi story. Riddick remains a fun anti-hero to go on a journey with, but maybe should be enjoyed in a less bloated story.
½ January 18, 2017
Pitch Black was a suspenseful little movie, the directors cut of Chronicles is an epic retelling of Macbeth that works on all levels. One of the most touching death scenes ever and a very cool ending for our hero as well.
December 20, 2016
I thought this was the best movie I had ever watched when it came out. A Science Fiction Adventure.
December 17, 2016
2015-12-17 lots of sci-fi action
December 7, 2016
Tediuous and mind numbing sequel to the somewhat interesting Pitch Black that has Riddick in a mind blowingly convuluted film with sci fi gladiators, prisoners etc. Just so tedious.