Conan the Destroyer Reviews

• Aug 22, 2019

Conan movie that mixed in slapstick with it's story, which also copied the tried and true formula of a whole gang getting together to complete a mission! I mean, this movie had everything, beautiful princess, muscled warrior, dumb sidekick, nasty killer, etc. And all winds up with a star wars ending at the end. Whoooo boy.

• Aug 16, 2019

Action sequences much improved upon, stronger Character arcs, Conan the destroyer near equalizes it's original,but with good and great cameo appearances.

• Jun 10, 2019

I thought it was a good movie.

I thought it was a good movie.

• Jun 06, 2019

I know I'm almost alone in championing this film, one of my all-time favourites. I discovered it when I was 11-years-old (in 1988). I recorded it off the television with my VCR and watched it a million times. Great practical effects, excellent sword fight choreography and Schwarzenegger works well within his limited range, giving a finely-nuanced performance.

• May 16, 2019

Everything that was likable in the first Conan movie is absent in the sequel. None of the acting is particularly good, whatever semblance of camaraderie between the character is gone, and while the plot of the first movie was somewhat generic, the sequel's replacement swapped a spirited revenge film filled with self-interested bros with a general "do the thing" quest carried out by typical D&D characters without real personality.

• Mar 09, 2019

This is almost a good movie. It tried to be a family flick, and it suffered for it. If conan had been like he was in the pulp novels the end qould have been the same, because the princess qouldnt have been a virgin. Still an ok watch, but conan the barbarian, and red Sonia are better films

• Mar 01, 2019

ugh this movie. The first one is a fantasy masterpiece from the soundtrack to Arnold sucker punching a camel, but this movie? Three words best describe it. Stink, stank, and stunk.

• Feb 26, 2019

It's about as poor of a step back as you can take. This is what happens when you take a hard-edged, popular movie and water it down for a kiddie audience. It happened to RoboCop, it happened to Terminator, so I guess it had to happen to Conan...

• Jan 12, 2019

An Arnold classic. Enough talk!

An Arnold classic. Enough talk!

• Oct 02, 2018