The Country Bears Reviews

• Oct 14, 2020

Wow, that was an excruciating watch. From literally the first few seconds you know where 'The Country Bears' is going, both with the plot but also with the concept of the bears themselves. That's if you didn't already guess from the poster. As always I try to find the positive parts: ... ... Yeah. If I was forced to pick something, it would be one or two of the songs which are not horrid; there's also a notable cameo from an English musician, I guess that's one? As you can tell, it's not good at all. On the contrary, where to start with the negatives?! The bears. Having people in costumes is always a bad idea, it cheapens everything else around it. They have little or no emotion, so it's impossible to feel attached to the characters. The dub-like audio for them, and other parts of film, is very poor. No-one stands out in the cast, with the exception of Christopher Walken (Reed) - but that's only because of Walken's fame, not his role in this. The premise is so predictable and lazy, they don't even attempt to throw you off the scent - instead trying to force a heartwarming story, which doesn't land whatsoever. I, no matter what, always feel ½* is harsh, but this deserves it. Of the 1,106 films I've currently seen, this is just the fifth time a film has scored this low with me. Truly dreadful.

• May 07, 2020

It can be funny to see its over-the-top jokes the first time around, but after that, it becomes vacant and obviously commercial.

• Mar 20, 2020

Though it has contains a usually moving story and funny humor, you're going to have to do the near impossible task of looking past the ugly characters and bored tone.

• Mar 06, 2020

This movie is so amazing the first scene is a bear asking if he is adopted by his human family it is so good and the music is top notch I'm not a country music fan but this movie is amazing

• Feb 25, 2020

This movie is so bonkers you can't hate it

This movie is so bonkers you can't hate it

• Jan 25, 2020

In my opinion a classic!!! Way too underrated

In my opinion a classic!!! Way too underrated

• Jan 13, 2020

Worth watching just for the music and all the cameos!

Worth watching just for the music and all the cameos!

• Oct 08, 2019

Its a great movie. One of the greatest movies made with bears Ive ever seen but I would put this in 2nd place behind Yogi Bear

• Sep 08, 2019

Cult classic for my family. Someday I hope to show it to my kids

Cult classic for my family. Someday I hope to show it to my kids

• Aug 21, 2019

Quite corny and rather cliched, but this movie with bizarre source material (this was a year before Pirates of the Caribbean) nevertheless has decent acting, especially Christopher Walken, and a ton of entertaining cameos with singing that honestly isn't terrible preventing The Country Bears from being a complete waste of time.