Daredevil - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Daredevil Reviews

½ August 12, 2017
Can't wake up, Wake Me Up Inside!
August 3, 2017
A decent superhero movie.
July 24, 2017
Self-indulgent and trying too hard, Daredevil is neither as grand nor as cool as it thinks it is and the reality is that it's often simply naff. Affleck and Garner are a bright spot, they have enough chemistry together and pathos in their individually to hold the film through its low points, but the script lets them down with cheesy dialogue, often cringe-worthy romance and silly villains. The tone is inconsistent, it's unclear if it wants to be taken as a straight film or cartoonish fantasy and because of this the serious parts are undermined and the latter elements lack the self-awareness to be enjoyable (with the exception of Colin Farrell who is clearly having a blast). And yet because it's trying so hard it sometimes feels earnest, such that it's hard to begrudge it it's shortfalls. After all it is never offensively bad and it occasionally works at whichever tone it's going for at that moment. But sporadic enjoyment is hardly a ringing endorsement and while the potential was there for something greater it's ultimately squandered.
½ July 22, 2017
One of the worst Marvel films ever made.
July 11, 2017
I have no words to say. The character could have been much better if they express it more individually. It was a bit distracting and i couldn't fully concentrate the movie
July 4, 2017
Daredevil is plagued with lackluster action (not to mention the bad CGI) and clichéd moments, ultimately failing despite an interesting story.
June 22, 2017
Love the story but to Much useless moment
June 16, 2017
The only good thing here is the fact that it makes Ben Affleck's Batman even sweeter and a great redemption story.
½ June 11, 2017
This movie is based off of the comics. This movie doesn't even look like it's even marvel or based off of the comics.
½ June 9, 2017
Some may hate this film, but I find it to be quite entertaining.
May 9, 2017
Ben Affleck, Jennifer Garner, Colin Farrell and Michael Clarke Duncan make this movie entertaining!
May 7, 2017
Of all the superheroes, this one is not kiddie, and I love that! Watch the Director's Cut -- it changed even haters' minds. It went from 4 to 5 stars for me (back in the mid-2000s pre-MCU and pre-Netflix. Now we're so spoiled that the genre has been elevated, meaning movies like this have had to come down in hindsight).

This character is not about neat powers, it's about simple petty real-world street crime and a self-defeating compulsion towards justice. They did a good job of adapting the origin into a film and yet having a plot of its own going on. It's directed well. Some very cool stuff. Again, watch the mature R Rated Director's Cut, not the watered-down theatrical cut pictured here.
April 19, 2017
Amazing?? This is not a flop and do not listen to other critical reviews! ?? Trust me you will like it! ??
½ April 16, 2017
amo a daredevil pro odio esta pelicula
April 14, 2017
Horrendous. Another reason Affleck sucks
April 6, 2017
The directors cut makes it a lot better.
½ April 6, 2017
What did I just watch
½ March 31, 2017
great movie, has its flaws like some cheesy acting and dialogue, but still very entertaining. i watched the directors cut which is apparently much darker and a more complete movie. it's a full 30 minutes longer. i can't really compare since i last saw it in the theaters when it came out, but this does not deserve all the hate it got. daredevil is such a cool character and this depiction of him was satisfying, even after watching the MCU depiction (4 viewings)
½ March 23, 2017
Oh my gosh! This move is the bomb! I know every word... and every fight scene... this film should have been more popular. All I have to say is four words... Ben Affleck in leather.

UPDATE: After seeing 'Batman v Superman' I think critics need to revisit 'Daredevil.' This film did not get a fair shake the first time around, granted its not on the level of 'Marvel's Avengers.' However, this was merely 2003. Prior to this film there had only been 4 real, serious attempts to bring the Comic Book Genre to film, the Reeves Superman films, Batman - Batman & Robin, X-Men, and Sam Rami's Spider-Man. This is a great Comic Hero film! Affleck and Garner are absolute superstars as Matt Murdock/Daredevil and Elecktra Notchious. Farrell as Bullseye and the late Michael Clark Duncan as Kingpin, equal the array of talent on the dark side of this filmed world.
The conflicts are emotional which makes the action make since and gives it meaning. The motives are also backed by a great story. Granted, the director's cut is the best version; the film is generally written and directed well. This film deserves some justice, as its gritty and emotionally dark. Without this film, in my opinion, Nolan would have never been able to touch 'The Dark Knight' trilogy as this is the predecessor to that brilliant trilogy in the genre.
March 20, 2017
The first half hour wasn't bad, but then the film free-falls into overly rushed stupidity. Can't believe a film this bad could have been based on comics worked on by Frank Miller.