Daredevil - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Daredevil Reviews

August 29, 2018
Daredevil takes its darker tone way too seriously and ends up being more bizarre and lazy than smart and gritty.
July 23, 2018
Self-indulgent and trying too hard, Daredevil is neither as grand nor as cool as it thinks it is and the reality is that it's often simply naff. Affleck and Garner are a bright spot, they have enough chemistry together and pathos in their individually to hold the film through its low points, but the script lets them down with cheesy dialogue, often cringe-worthy romance and silly villains. The tone is inconsistent, it's unclear if it wants to be taken as a straight film or cartoonish fantasy and because of this the serious parts are undermined, and the latter elements lack the self-awareness to be enjoyable (with the exception of Colin Farrell who is clearly having a blast). And yet because it's trying so hard it sometimes feels earnest, such that it's hard to begrudge it it's shortfalls. After all it is never offensively bad, and it occasionally works at whichever tone it's going for at that moment. But sporadic enjoyment is hardly a ringing endorsement and while the potential was there for something greater it's ultimately squandered.
½ July 23, 2018
a tremendous shame to the super hero of daredevil and a real insult to the comic
½ July 14, 2018
This filmed has dated badly. Murder?s okay when you?re supposed to be the hero, I guess? And harassment always gets the girl! Michael Clarke Duncan is the only redeeming feature. If you?ve never seen this - stick to the Netflix series!
½ June 5, 2018
The TV series is much better than this movie.Daredevil is one of the worst superhero movies of all time
½ May 29, 2018
One of my favorite movies of all time. I still bump the soundtrack every now and then and love the dark tone that for some reason everyone hates.
February 16, 2018
Liked what they did with DD. Never understood the critics problems. The story was original, the casting and acting were superb, and damn, it was just fun all the way through to the, "I'm not the bad guy."
February 12, 2018
Awful. I hated Bullseye. Annoying and terrible acting by Colin Farrell. The only thing I enjoyed was the chemistry between Ben and Jen.
February 4, 2018
This is a dull movie. It seems like nothing happens until the last half hour of the movie. Acting is weak all around, except for Farell's Bullseye, and It's boring and not fun to watch.
½ January 26, 2018
Apart from Superman 2 and The Crow this is my favourite superhero film. It's like Batman but darker. I think Ben Affleck is brilliant as a superhero and the rest of the cast are pretty fantastic too. The action is great and yes there's lots of violence but it's all done to enhance the film.
January 23, 2018
This movie showed me de wae, the creators must have ebola... *Click* * Click*
January 14, 2018
Seriously underrated in my opinion. Maybe Ben Affleck wasn't exactly the perfect fit for Matt Murdock, but I found the movie pretty entertaining. Found it pretty funny too. Pretty cool fight scenes at the bar and in the Kingpin's office. Pretty decent story too. Liked the relationship between Matt and his dad in flashbacks. Also really liked Jennifer Garner as Elektra even though she didn't completely feel like the comic character.
½ January 12, 2018
Not bad what most people say
½ December 16, 2017
Puntaje Original: 4.5

Vergonzoso y flojamente trabajado.
November 28, 2017
Nothing more than what you would expect from a Marvel movie, and yet certainly enough to keep one entertained. The actors are actually as close to perfect for their roles as can honestly be expected. It's only a pity that there's no good follow up to make this movie more than a one-shot. (Elektra doesn't count. And it's horrible anyway.) Still, enjoy it while it lasts... the Marvel Cinematic Universe obviously has other ideas for the Devil of Hell's Kitchen. (Psst, however, you might find more appreciation in the Director's Cut. I'd say the extra side story makes some sense and kinda warrants another half-star, IMO.)
½ October 15, 2017
Worst comic movie ever.
Affleck at his worst. Corny as hell. Awful dialogue. Horrible attempt at adapting characters to film. Affleck's ridiculous costume and smirk still anger me to this day... Watch closely amidst all the hokiness and you can even catch some subtle racism. Just a dumb movie.
October 2, 2017
I'm not kidding, this movie is a piece of ****, there's nothing really interesing on the movie, and WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT SCENE OF FIGHTING ON A KIDS PARK???? Lady, even that he's Matt Murdock, YOU ARE PUNCHING A BLIND, and that suit, oh my god that make me cry.
I really love the Netflix series, but that movie it's ridiculous
jamrcla
½ September 22, 2017
The first Daredevil movie deserved much better, It started pretty good the just seemed get very stale very quickly, I didn't mind Ben Affleck as Daredevil but Jennifer Garner as Electra was awful and not needed, The action scenes were so over the top I found them too corny and since when can Daredevil jump over buildings in one jump? I prefer to have at least a little reality in things like that, The story was pretty dull and some effects were abit dodgy at times, I liked the dark tone but it's not enough to make this a good movie.
½ August 12, 2017
Can't wake up, Wake Me Up Inside!
August 3, 2017
A decent superhero movie.