Daredevil - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Daredevil Reviews

June 22, 2017
Love the story but to Much useless moment
June 16, 2017
The only good thing here is the fact that it makes Ben Affleck's Batman even sweeter and a great redemption story.
½ June 11, 2017
This movie is based off of the comics. This movie doesn't even look like it's even marvel or based off of the comics.
½ June 9, 2017
Some may hate this film, but I find it to be quite entertaining.
May 9, 2017
Ben Affleck, Jennifer Garner, Colin Farrell and Michael Clarke Duncan make this movie entertaining!
May 7, 2017
Of all the superheroes, this one is not kiddie, and I love that! Watch the Director's Cut -- it changed even haters' minds. It went from 4 to 5 stars for me (back in the mid-2000s pre-MCU and pre-Netflix. Now we're so spoiled that the genre has been elevated, meaning movies like this have had to come down in hindsight).

This character is not about neat powers, it's about simple petty real-world street crime and a self-defeating compulsion towards justice. They did a good job of adapting the origin into a film and yet having a plot of its own going on. It's directed well. Some very cool stuff. Again, watch the mature R Rated Director's Cut, not the watered-down theatrical cut pictured here.
April 19, 2017
Amazing?? This is not a flop and do not listen to other critical reviews! ?? Trust me you will like it! ??
½ April 16, 2017
amo a daredevil pro odio esta pelicula
April 14, 2017
Horrendous. Another reason Affleck sucks
April 6, 2017
The directors cut makes it a lot better.
½ April 6, 2017
What did I just watch
½ March 31, 2017
great movie, has its flaws like some cheesy acting and dialogue, but still very entertaining. i watched the directors cut which is apparently much darker and a more complete movie. it's a full 30 minutes longer. i can't really compare since i last saw it in the theaters when it came out, but this does not deserve all the hate it got. daredevil is such a cool character and this depiction of him was satisfying, even after watching the MCU depiction (4 viewings)
½ March 23, 2017
Oh my gosh! This move is the bomb! I know every word... and every fight scene... this film should have been more popular. All I have to say is four words... Ben Affleck in leather.

UPDATE: After seeing 'Batman v Superman' I think critics need to revisit 'Daredevil.' This film did not get a fair shake the first time around, granted its not on the level of 'Marvel's Avengers.' However, this was merely 2003. Prior to this film there had only been 4 real, serious attempts to bring the Comic Book Genre to film, the Reeves Superman films, Batman - Batman & Robin, X-Men, and Sam Rami's Spider-Man. This is a great Comic Hero film! Affleck and Garner are absolute superstars as Matt Murdock/Daredevil and Elecktra Notchious. Farrell as Bullseye and the late Michael Clark Duncan as Kingpin, equal the array of talent on the dark side of this filmed world.
The conflicts are emotional which makes the action make since and gives it meaning. The motives are also backed by a great story. Granted, the director's cut is the best version; the film is generally written and directed well. This film deserves some justice, as its gritty and emotionally dark. Without this film, in my opinion, Nolan would have never been able to touch 'The Dark Knight' trilogy as this is the predecessor to that brilliant trilogy in the genre.
March 20, 2017
The first half hour wasn't bad, but then the film free-falls into overly rushed stupidity. Can't believe a film this bad could have been based on comics worked on by Frank Miller.
½ March 14, 2017
It's a guilty pleasure okay, stop Judging me.
March 10, 2017
My favorite SuperHero
February 19, 2017
I thought that the directors cut made the movie a lot better.
January 22, 2017
Back in the early days of the rising popularity of the superhero movie, long before cinematic universes and multi-film crossovers, there were a handful of films that brought these comic book characters to the big screen. From Spider-Man (2002) to X-Men (2000) to The Punisher (2004), one of these films was none other than Daredevil (2003). For many years, I had seen these films, even going so far as having seen Hulk (2003). The one I had not seen was Daredevil, mostly because I had heard it was so bad. I had seen Hulk, so I knew how bad they could be.

Now that a Director's Cut of Daredevil was available, I heard it improved on the original and decided to just skip the original cut entirely. With no understanding of what the film used to be, I can say that the Director's Cut isn't completely terrible. Sure, some of the lines are goofy, and the actors chosen for the roles might not have been the best choices, but it's a solid film. I did find it interesting how many actors who have had better success with directing were present in this film. From Ben Affleck (The Town (2010) and Argo (2012)) to Jon Favreau (Iron Man (2008) and The Jungle Book (2016)), and even a cameo appearance by Kevin Smith (Clerks (1994) and Chasing Amy (1997)), these actors definitely work better behind the camera.

Even with the Director's Cut being a supposed improvement on the film, there still seemed to be too many sub-plots all running at once, each one of which I felt didn't get nearly enough screen time to fully explore what was happening. Another problem with this film is that it has not aged well. From the soundtrack being clearly inspired by the music of the time, to the CGI showing the limitations of the computers at the time, all these things just scream "2003" to me.

Probably not as bad as it could have been, I give Daredevil (Director's Cut) 3.0 stars out of 5.
January 18, 2017
3 Stars to the Theatrical cut. The Director's cut 4 Stars.
½ January 17, 2017
Could have been much better, as the current TV series proved to be way superior than this Faux Pas of a superhero movie