Dark Mirror Reviews

• Sep 13, 2018

Poorly acted horror that blurs the line between supernatural happenings and mental illness. To my disgust, it is becoming the new path supernatural horror movies are taking; is it all in her head or could this really be happening. I long for the days you didn't have to wonder. This movie has absolutely nothing going for it; there are no scares, the killings happen off camera so there is no blood or gore, and the movie lacks even a thread of sense. The end sets up a sequel I hope never happens.

• Jan 12, 2014

Showed some promise and final was particularly labyrinthine and impressive but most sort of cheap.

• Jul 07, 2013

Very interesting story around a photography being surrounded by people being killed...all of which were photographed by her camera. While the acting was good, and the characters were good, nothing really new is offered here. This movie is very similar to other movies (Dark Remains, Mirrors) but it is well done, and quite enjoyable. Lisa Vidal does a wonderful job as Deborah, leaving you to wonder if she is haunted, or her camera, or the mirrors in her house, or if she is insane...lots of questions. The ending is predictable, but still very well done.

• Jun 29, 2013

Not a bad movie *spoiler* i love the fact that from inside the house it lets you see a different world outside the windows but it's not really what's going on.

• Jun 21, 2013

makes such little sense that when the main character figures out what's going on, she explains it to the watcher.

• Oct 09, 2012

Films that travel along the borders of unreality haven't always appealed to me, but this wasn't too bad. It may not have delivered anything new and did lack in tensions and moments it still remained interesting enough to keep your intention... I found the ending to be somewhat predictable, simply because I've seen something similar to this before and that's how it turned out!

• Jul 23, 2012

A thriller that hits all of the right notes for a story like this but doesn't add anything new to the sub-genre of horror film involving mirrors or alternate worlds.........if you've seen any number of similar films you'll know what to expect.....in all honesty its not a bad film, its just not a particularly remarkable one....

• Jul 07, 2012

Well-directed with competent performances, Dark Mirror is a solid horror film that explores the line between sanity and insanity in an engaging if not entirely original way.

• Jun 13, 2012