Dark Country Reviews

• Mar 29, 2019

Beautiful Lauren German.

Beautiful Lauren German.

• Mar 19, 2017

Visually pleasant but the ending is very stupid which is extremely disappointing considering how much suspense has been built. I really regret watching this movie.

• Nicki M Super Reviewer
    May 31, 2015

50's noir style thriller set in current day. Very interesting, though I admit to having to read spoilers to get the ending.

• Dec 20, 2014

Promising and eventually turning to pure crap

Promising and eventually turning to pure crap

• May 24, 2014

Another Highway to Hell experience--Certainly has its entertainment value!!

Another Highway to Hell experience--Certainly has its entertainment value!!

• NaWie M Super Reviewer
    Sep 02, 2013

this was a totally waste of time. It made no sense at all. I like road Movies, I found the Movie reeker was much better, I can even highly recommend the Movie Reeker. True to a user comment <i>Thomas Jane punishes himself as both director and star</i>

• Aug 20, 2013

Interesting and thrilling and wanting more! It was initially a bit weird and boring but as the story revealed itself it was very captivating. Interesting way to present the story.

• Jul 04, 2013

Dark Country (2009) -- [4.5] -- While traveling through the desert, newlyweds pick up a car-wreck survivor who plunges them into a night of suspicion and suspense. Thomas Jane ("The Mist," "Hung") makes his directorial debut with "Dark Country." On one hand, I admire his attempt to blend film noir with comic book aesthetics, but the movie relies on constant green-screen work that's poorly executed. The script by Tab Murphy is well constructed, but I feel like we've probably seen a few episodes of "The Twilight Zone" or "Tales from the Darkside" that feature the same general concept that "Dark Country" hangs its hat on. And it's always disappointing when you guess the big twist ending twenty minutes into the movie. Good performances by Jane and Lauren German as the newlyweds, though. The best scene in the movie is an early one in which the two turn the headlights off and floor it to ninety while he fingers her to orgasm.

• Jun 26, 2013

It is simply impossible to share the director's vision here. I thought I was onto something two or three times but, sadly, no. No idea what was going on. Slight credit for the monumental effort put forth to communicate something - but I was left frustrated at my own choice to watch more than 15 minutes.

• May 09, 2013