A Day at the Races Reviews

• Jul 23, 2020

One of their best and a lot of fun.

One of their best and a lot of fun.

• Jul 30, 2019

My favorite Marx Bros movie, which is hard to do since duck soup is just short of perfect. This Movie was first shown to me as a kid and after re-watching it, i can only be happy that my grandpa made me watch it. Nothing but smart witty humor that still makes me chuckle today.

• Jun 29, 2019

A perfect Marx Brothers vessel: embedded in a silly romance and interspersed with mediocre musical asides, the trio finds enough room to wreak havoc with their anarchic humor.

• Jun 30, 2018

Classic,after 80 years its still funny.

Classic,after 80 years its still funny.

• Nov 21, 2016

Not quite up to Duck Soup's quality, but still lots of fun with the Marx Bothers and Margaret Dumont, plus a young Maureen O'Sullivan.

• Feb 24, 2016

Some great sequences towards the end make up for a pretty dull first 2/3rds.

Some great sequences towards the end make up for a pretty dull first 2/3rds.

• Jan 04, 2016

A Day at the Races is a funny film. It is about veterinarian posing as a doctor, a race-horse owner and his friends struggle to help keep a sanitarium open. The Marx Brothers gives amazing performances. The screenplay is well written. Sam Wood did a great job directing this movie. I enjoyed watching this motion picture because of the humor. A Day at the Races is a must see.

• Sep 28, 2015

Some hilarious moments in this Marx Brothers film involving horse racing and a sanatorium, though I would have preferred less music and more comedy. The scenes involving Groucho placing a bet, in his room, and in the operating theatre are particularly clever. My equal favourite film of 1937.

• Aug 19, 2015

Could've done without all the musical numbers, but still really funny.

Could've done without all the musical numbers, but still really funny.

• Aug 15, 2015

The last film of their prime, and The Marx Brothers made it count.

The last film of their prime, and The Marx Brothers made it count.