Death And Cremation Reviews

• May 18, 2014

Brad Dourif plays Stan, an unkempt, spotty-faced 59 year old loner with a bizarre pastime--A character piece showcasing Brad Dourif's impressive performance!!

• Nov 20, 2012

3/5 stars Watchable enough, but nothing special

3/5 stars Watchable enough, but nothing special

• Oct 10, 2012

Pacing is awful and what I was expecting, wasn't anything I got. Boring and somewhat stupid, especially the ending. Hate films like this. Complete waste of time.

• Aug 16, 2012

Sounds weird. Want to watch

Sounds weird. Want to watch

• Aug 03, 2012

I don't say this often but that was not a good movie! 'Death and Cremation' had an interesting plot but lacks good acting It wasn't the actors faults though. It was the script it was well worded in places but didn't have a clear description of movement through and setting a scene right. It's a pity because giving the interesting nature of the movie it could have been so much more. Jeremy Sumpter has grown up though wow. He went from Peter Pan to a very difficult role in this movie. If you like interesting head screw movies this is a good one just don't be to disappointed with the bad acting, A hint for you well at the end of the movie you are left with a confused look on your face and mouthing WTF.........

• Todd S Super Reviewer
    Jul 28, 2012

From Peter Pan to a bullied outcast, Jeremy Sumpter continues to show his tremendous versatility as an actor in Death & Cremation. This cast was the whole reason I wanted to see this movie, but unfortunately it falls well short of my expectations. Stanley (Brad Dourif) is a loner and a serial killer who runs the perfect business for getting rid of evidence, a crematorium. He's a lonely man and nothing exciting happens to him until a loner named Jared (Sumpter) starts working for him. This film tries very hard to be something it's not and that's creepy. Death & Cremation isn't about blood and gore, but rather moves very slowly and methodically in order to try and freak us out, but sadly it doesn't. Stanley and Jared aren't guys you're going to be scared of, more like two guys you'd like to hang out with and that's the problem. The audience can relate to them and isn't scared of them at all. That being the case this film should have gone the other way and been extremely bloody and disturbing, but it's not that either. The story is bland and the movie is slow, but the cast is amazing. Brad Dourif plays a psychopath better than anyone and it really wouldn't surprise me if he is in fact a serial killer. Here he's teamed with one of my absolute favorite actors, who is also superb, but they're giving their all in a slow, sloppy film, that just doesn't cut it.

• Jul 20, 2012

Interesting but not well done. Dourif is good, as usual. Sumpter does well too. This movie is whaked, as long as you know that going in, you will be okay. The two of them trying to hide that guy in the boys bedroom and try to explain way to much to the mother was strangely funny.

• Dec 11, 2011

No one does creepy more effortlessly than Brad Dourif.

No one does creepy more effortlessly than Brad Dourif.

• Oct 21, 2011

Very interesting movie. I never knew it existed until I watched in on the Chiller network. I'm sure parts were cut out, as it was on Regular TV, but it was good. Your typical Killer type movie. Nothing GREAT, but it was worth the watch.

• Oct 11, 2011