Death of a President Reviews

• Jan 09, 2016

I am surprised at the low rating given by the critics. I thought this was an excellent movie, well produced and will messages that are still relevant. It is extremely believable. Cheney's attempts to focus on Syria, the fact Zikri was kept in jail even though the authorities knew he was innocent - compare that with the length of time people were kept locked in Guantanamo Bay for being in the wrong place at the wrong time - this movie is only too believable.

• Nov 06, 2015

Mockumentary, speculative fiction and social commentary combine to fuse an effectively told story about the imagined assassination of George W. Bush in 2007. The realism achieved by convincingly doctored news and stock footage can be chilling at times. Heightening the believability are the non-actory performances, particularly those of James Urbaniak (from Henry Fool) and M. Neko Parham. I remember this film getting panned when it came out (during GW's term). Perhaps we were all too close to the subject matter at the time to get it or maybe it seemed like too much of an affront to our then current administration. Either way, looks like this mockumentary aged well.

• Sep 26, 2015

It is a shame to see such obviously talented writers and film makers manufacture such garbage. I suppose this film went over well within Code Pink, but for those of us not scared to call a spade a spade, or a Muslim extremist a terrorist, then don't waste your time and certainly please do not waste your money.

• Feb 14, 2015

There are a few good moments in this alternate history drama shot like a documentary. The problem is you have to really pull off the film to not make it seem like you are just using the premise for shock value. The way this goes is ultimately a letdown. Despite all the amateurs it had some good acting though.

• Mar 24, 2014

A great mockumentary about the assassination of President George W. Bush. I was surprised how great the editing is. If you are interested in editing or sound design this is a must see. The story is tasteful. I'm convinced that if President Bush was assassinated, that this is what would have happened.

• Mar 07, 2013

It was pretty amusing-some of the video footage looked a little shady, but I thought it was worth my time.

• Feb 24, 2013

Damn good movie! You just wish it were real.

Damn good movie! You just wish it were real.

• Feb 06, 2013

The theme is overburdeningly political , no point denying that there is a political agenda . Donot go for the ethical and moral questions about portraying real living individuals as assassin victims or elevated presidents . Subtle attempts at being politically corrrect , to have a social message of not to label any faith or religious denomination on mere assumptions might be there ,attempts to go on record about the simmering discontent of Iraq war veterans and their families upon the loss of life or limb also may be underlying . The social message is well conceived and put forth . All these apart this is a very powerful sobering fictional documentary ( if that is the right word ). It is the story telling and the wave of credible emotions that struck me . A must see for any serious contemporary movie watcher . A wonderful film !!!

• Jan 22, 2013

done in a very CNN-documentarian style that makes it beyond meager politics.

done in a very CNN-documentarian style that makes it beyond meager politics.

• Jan 13, 2013

Truth or fiction????? A documental that makes you wonder and dream.

Truth or fiction????? A documental that makes you wonder and dream.