Despicable Me 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Despicable Me 2 Reviews

March 17, 2017
This movie was honestly unique, funny and amazingly despicable! I enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed watching the first movie, except this time with a bit more humor, another amazing storyline and even more comedy!!!
I loved Steve Carell's performance, which was both funny and witty. It's Good to see him on the good side again! I literally can't wait to see the next sequel!
½ March 15, 2017
Way better than the original
½ March 15, 2017
Watch out, this is where it gets lazy and uninspired. This is a pretty bad sequel to something that had potential. But the company known as Illuminati Animation were only in it for the money. And the minions are back to sell more merchandise!
½ March 8, 2017
Picking up right where the original left off, evil genius Gru has seen the error of his ways and transitioned into life as the single, adoptive dad of three young girls. The sudden reform has left everyone (an army of minions, a long-time collaborator and Gru himself) a bit stir-crazy, so he seeks new thrills as a turncoat, tracking and identifying his former rivals for a stuffy government agency. Illumination has leveled-up their equipment since the first film, which makes for a far more polished visual product, but the story is less lively and fuzzy than its surprising predecessor. Of course the minions are everywhere, getting the star treatment before their inevitable spinoff, but the girls are relegated to watery secondary storylines and there seem to be a lot of missed opportunities. Gru's job with the g-men, for instance, seems like a ready-made setup for introducing all sorts of wacky new characters and enlarging the world, but instead it merely hones in on a single new villain and ventures no further. The introduction of a love interest is hesitant, overly convenient, and never really clicks. There's plenty of fun stuff for younger audiences, of course, and some of the sight gags are clever, but most parents will find themselves daydreaming through the bulk of this one.
March 6, 2017
Funny better than first
½ February 28, 2017
The first one was best 2 was just wong and boring
½ February 28, 2017
Offers laughs for me, Despicable me 2 follows great along DM 1.
½ February 20, 2017
The first one is better but the only thing I don't like are the purple minion because kids shouldn't be seeing this type of stuff instead they should see humor type of like Margo and the Minions or Gru being funny. It's still good but the first one is the one I love the most.
February 9, 2017
Not a better plot than the first but a lot funnier!
February 5, 2017
This Movie Despicable Me 2 Was Great But I Really Loved that They Put Kristen Wiig In This Film It Was Cool!
½ January 31, 2017
Somebody gets some good loving
January 26, 2017
Despicable Me 2 isn't as refreshing as it's predecessor yet its still a fun, adorable adventure for kids and parents.
½ January 23, 2017
Despicable Me 2 is a truly awful animated film. Where the only jokes are minions screaming, the movie leaves you very disappointed. It has no story that interests me, the animation is horrendous, and the voice actors seem like they don't even care about what they're doing. Despicable Me 2 is one of the worst sequels to a movie I've ever had to watch and it gets a 3/10.
½ January 19, 2017
Despicable Me 2 is the last part of the way unrestrained, but the addition of a love story plot is thick. The yellow minions uncontrollable cost will never be bored. In the meantime, when the Minions fun decorating a foul, the main character will face a spy and it will create comical but babbling spy activities.
The pace does not increase the positivity.
January 15, 2017
L am not just help orginal first movie is not great and l heard there make new sequel at of. and l was so happy movie is make even better than first one it exciting adventure these more the better make out clear this is originate. and lm willin just a cleverity take the title back it was best their time.
January 13, 2017
An ok sequel, not nearly as entertaining or funny as the first one, but not bad, nonetheless.
½ January 1, 2017
This movie relies on the worst characters (cough...cough...minions) and will teach your kids that Mexicans are evil and love just "happens".
½ December 30, 2016
Better than the first one! Very much enjoyed :)
December 26, 2016
This is better than the first!
½ December 23, 2016
Second verse. Same as the first.