Despicable Me 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Despicable Me 2 Reviews

August 18, 2017
Funny movie. just as good as the first one.
August 15, 2017
another funny & entertaining story in the series. Looking forward to part 3
August 15, 2017
The film is a joy to watch. A new plot expanding on the first, with an introduction to new characters and a new lease on life for Gru; his character arc from the start of the first is also very well done and this film helps his character along. Funny and charming, just as the first was, it just unfortunately focused too little on what needed focus, and too much on what could have been left out.
August 14, 2017
Though there is some value here for kids, it is kinda meh for adults. Go see this if you have young kids.
½ August 8, 2017
Not as good as the first one but still good. This film is enjoyable and funny but not got the best writing and characters.
½ August 5, 2017
Fuck this movie! Fuck the minions, fuck Illumination Entertainment and fuck everything that has to do with it! The first movie was never even that funny in the first place to begin with and the second one is even worse. This is one of the most racist and offensive films I have ever seen! The story is nonexistent, the animation is uninspired, the characters are irritating as hell and the villain is racist for hispanics. Whatever you do, do not ever see an Illumination film, you thought Sony Pictures Animation is a joke? Why don't you go suffer through a film that focuses on making money and minion toys?! Illumination, if you're reading this review, take my word to make a real good movie with less cartoonish animation, no minions involved in the Illumination logo and a deep, compelling story.
August 2, 2017
Super graciosa, y un deleite para publico de todas la edades, podrá ser simplona y predecible, pero es diversion asegurada.
½ August 2, 2017
The best in the entire franchise. A rare sequel that reproduce what the first did but improving even more the characters, the story, the visuals. Super funny, with twits and sweet moments, Despicable Me 2 was for me a fantastic animated movie for all ages!
Its an 8,5 out of 10.
July 26, 2017
Hilarious! Almost, if not, as good as the first one!
½ July 25, 2017
I hate this movie. I don't know why most people don't see the laziness of this movie. If someone else thinks it's okay, that's fine though.
July 20, 2017
I'd say it's just as good as the first one. Even though I'm a bit disappointed that the girls didn't really get a whole lot of screentime, I was practically laughing the whole time I was watching the film.
July 19, 2017
Just as good as the first one
July 19, 2017
It adds more to the story of the original one, providing more entertainment and laughs. Highly recommended, especially for kids
½ July 16, 2017
Aggression presented to the kids like a good thing - BAD-BAD examples for the kids.
July 12, 2017
Funny as hell. I F'ING love me some minions. Watching Gru deal with a tween girl on her first date, pretty damn hilarious and heartwarming. More Gru. More cuteness. And more Minions minions minions!!!
July 9, 2017
Offering new characters and twists, but not letting up on the original's humor makes for a decent sequel.
July 9, 2017
One of the few films that are better, or as good, as the first. Now that I am attached and love these characters, I found myself more invested in their story. Gru branching out and finding a new purpose in life, after tackling fatherhood, is heart warming to watch. The villain of El Macho had me smiling throughout the entire film. Minions being corrupted into feral little monsters really tug at the kids heart strings in the theater. I really recommend you search out this film and enjoy it, after you watch the first one.
July 7, 2017
Not as good as the original, but a decent sequel.
July 7, 2017
One of the best animated sequels since Toy Story 3! The writing was fantastic, the animation is awesome & the characters are lovable! CHECK IT OUT!!! <3