Diamond Head Reviews

• May 13, 2015

A long and boring movie

A long and boring movie

• Sep 14, 2013

Charlton Heston is a controlling Hawaiian plantation owner in this rather boring soap opera. Yvette Mimieux plays his also head strong sister.

• Sep 08, 2013

Diamond Head is a decent film. It is about rich Hawaiian pineapple grower and US Senatorial candidate Richard Howland who tries to control everything and everyone around him. Charlton Heston and France Nuyen give good performances. The screenplay is a little slow in places. Guy Green did an alright job directing this movie. I liked this motion pictures because of the drama.

• jay n Super Reviewer
    Jul 27, 2013

Good old fashioned trash wallow with beautiful location shooting and some ridiculous casting choices. Moondoggie as an Hawaiian? Really? Still fun in a lush soap operaish way.

• Bruce B Super Reviewer
    Oct 10, 2012

Charlton Heston plays a pineapple land baron in this movie who owns one of the smaller Islands of Hawaii and nothing happens without his approval including his sister marring a local raised Hawaiian which is strictly taboo and unheard off. Modern day reviewers try to make this all about racism White vs Hawaiian and nothing could be further from the truth. Charlton Heston little sister ends up getting killed by the hands of Heston but strictly an accident. If you were ever in Hawaii and lived there you know the only racism is the native Hawaiians' don't accept the whites from mainland USA. But still in my book this film is 5 stars 10-2-12

• Aug 31, 2012

I liked this film a lot. I was surprised to see Heston handle his part with the depth that he managed to communicate. Yvette Mimieux was sexy. The theme of perhaps a bit "over the top" brother sister affection (best summed up in a dream that Mimieux character experiences as a nightmare) was handled very well. Frances Nuyen was effective as Heston's lover who, given his personality, cannot surmount his inhibitions.

• Nov 05, 2011

I don't know why I have never seen or really even heard of this movie before. It was very good...brought emotions to the surface as I was watching this story about racism, pride and arrogance. Heston as the bigoted rich land-owner in Hawaii was perfect in the part....Yvette Mimieux perfect as well, as his sexy sister who is in love with Hawaiian born, super handsome James Darren, this is where the trouble begins. It was also good to see George Chakiris from West Side Story fame cast as Darrens brother. This was a good although sad and tragic story...liked it better than I thought :)

• Jul 28, 2008

One of my favorite trash movies. Heston in excellent form as a monomaniacal racist jerk.

• Apr 06, 2008

This is a good movie

This is a good movie

• Nov 09, 2007

Think of All My Circuits from Futurama. Now imagine Calculon being racist against the human for trying to marry his robot daughter. That's the movie and it's almost as funny as the real All My Circuits