Reviews

• Jan 17, 2013

This was my first foray into the world of Pete Walker, and it was fairly middle of the road, to be perfectly honest. I was expecting something of a horror film, but this was in fact more of a thriller/mystery about a young woman who finds herself on the run from assassins when she approaches her 21st birthday and the acquisition of her inheritance. It's watchable enough, but I was just in the mood for something different. Rental?

• Nov 23, 2012

Producer/director Pete Walker went on to make some gripping horror films, but this Hitchcock pastiche falls short of the mark. Oscar nominee Leo Genn adds some real spice as a corrupt official, but he's not in it enough. Susan George is gorgeous and gives a good performance. Alas, the pace is slack and the plot contrived.

• Aug 06, 2010

Die Screaming, Mariane finally made me decide that hate Pete Walker's films--they are always boring and forgettable, and Die Screaming Mariane ranks at the bottom of the list. What could have been a decent psychological, paranoid thriller featuring an inheritance and incestuous family relations becomes nothing more than a snorefest despite starring the beautiful Susan George from Sam Peckinpah's Straw Dogs.

• Feb 26, 2010

• Jul 10, 2009

what a boring disappointing flop. Susan George is still fricken red hot sexy though... BUT NOT NAKED!?!?

• Jul 22, 2008

Interesting drama/thriller with Susan George is a great role. It's not really horror at all, but an enjoyable character study. Horror fans and Walker fans may be dissapointed with the lack of visceral thrills, but more patient viewers will find a fascinating story to enjoy.

• Nov 14, 2007

As a fan of Pete Walker, I was quite disappointed by this. How can a film with such a great title turn out so boring?! Only one for absolute completists of Mr. Walker and Susan George I'm afraid.

• Oct 06, 2007

Good Title shame about the film.

Good Title shame about the film.

• Sep 04, 2007

Not particularly gripping tale of a 'free spirited' Susan George becoming embroiled in a seedy crime racket, led by a 'defrocked' Judge. Not just *a* Judge, but 'The Judge' - Leo Genn's character who is continually accorded the definite article by sundry friends and enemies - who are largely interchangeable. This melodrama, with an accent on corrupt authority figures, bears some resemblance to Pete Walker's later baroque horrors. But the formula isn't developed as of yet - and he had yet to work with that wag, David McGillivray.

• Aug 04, 2007

A very wweak film. Lacking in style, charm, or anytyhing else that might'e redeemed it.