Dirty Dingus Magee Reviews

• Apr 27, 2018

Dirty Dingus Magee is a decent film. It is about Dirty Dingus Magee and his old rival Hoke Birdsill who take turns at being either lawman or outlaw. Frank Sinatra and George Kennedy give good performances. The screenplay is a little slow in places. Burt Kennedy did an alright job directing this movie. I liked this motion picture because of the humor.

• May 29, 2015

The hell with Dingus Magee! Dingus Magee is an outlaw in a small western town that kind of gets away with what he wants. He has also made peace with the Native Americans and has recently targeted robbing a train. He comes across a man on the road that he used to know and robs the man of his money. The man goes to the local town, talks to the mayor (who happens to own a brothel), and becomes sheriff. The new sheriff will stop at nothing to arrest Dingus Magee. "Little Big Horney." "Horn." Burt Kennedy, director of The War Wagon, The Train Robbers, Hannie Caulder, Support Your Local Sherriff, Comanche, Where the Hell's that Gold, and The Killer Inside Me, delivers Dirty Dingus Magee. The storyline for this picture is funny, entertaining, and well written. The characters interact together perfectly and there is some nice comedic sequences in this film. The acting is very good and the cast includes Frank Sinatra, George Kennedy, Anne Jackson, and Jack Elam. "I'm even going to kill your dog." I came across Dirty Dingus Magee on Turner Classic Movies (TCM) and had to DVR a movie with this title starring Frank Sinatra! I found the film fun and well done. They used Sinatra well in a role he didn't have to take too seriously. This is definitely a fun western that is worth a viewing and has great entertainment value! "They have the whole army looking for me. Me. Dingus Magee." Grade: B

• May 02, 2015

Frank Sinatra plays the titular Magee in this lame western comedy. Bumbling criminal Magee stirs up trouble for rival town sheriff George Kennedy and western comedy ensures involving stolen money, whore houses, the US Cavalry, and some very leggy Native American ladies. I've never been much of a western comedy fan, though I do like some of director Kennedy's films and I was curious to see Old Blue Eyes in a very uncharacteristic role, but this film was pretty lame. Joseph Heller is credited as one of the three screen writers on the film. The cast, which also includes Jack Elam, Henry Jones, Harry Carey Jr. and Paul Fix are the only thing that really holds the film together.

• Apr 26, 2015

interesting mix of western and comedy

interesting mix of western and comedy

• Jan 14, 2013

It's a corny comedy. But Hey, Sinatra's in it and its a western.

It's a corny comedy. But Hey, Sinatra's in it and its a western.

• Sep 01, 2009

Fun but goofy outing. On DVD in widescreen, thankfully.

Fun but goofy outing. On DVD in widescreen, thankfully.