A Diva's Christmas Carol Reviews

• Jan 01, 2019

I thought this was cute and inventive, up until the conclusion. Vanessa Williams plays an overwrought, completely spoiled diva who's impossible to work for. Of course, she gets the Christmas Carol treatment. This does have some clever ideas up it's sleeve, especially with the making of the ghost of chistmas yet to come as a VH1 Behind The Music special LOL. Unforttunately, it all bizarrely comes crashing at the end, Williams doesn't really feel redeemed, instead it really does look like she's faking it, or Williams isn't doing a great acting job, or the script let her down. Probably a combination of all the above.

• Dec 03, 2013

its a good movie.. Erin Collins shut the hell up.. you wouldnt know a good decent movie if it was under your nose... so be quiet

• Dec 01, 2013

A great version of The classic Christmas Carol

A great version of The classic Christmas Carol

• Dec 19, 2012

I thought this was a pretty clever twist on the classic. Most changes were really good and I loved Kathy Griffin as the Ghost of Christmas Past. My favorite line is "My hell is watching you screw up your life" from Marley Jacob, I know I'm getting it wrong but I've only heard it once so far. There's some annoying/distracting things but for the most part, I thought it was worth my time watching and probably re-watching. :)

• Erin C Super Reviewer
    Dec 14, 2012

Really cheesy...terrible acting.

Really cheesy...terrible acting.

• Nov 05, 2012

I am a die hard Carol fan. and was expecting the worst with this. But it is quite clever, well written and hysterical in many parts. Williams no doubt got her Betty gig because it's practically the same character!

• Apr 03, 2012

Lifetime movies rock...

Lifetime movies rock...

• Jul 27, 2011

Yes, I'll admit that I watched this. Mostly because I was really bored and I was waiting for a show on VH1 to come on. Needless to say, I didn't really enjoy this. A Christmas Carol is a fine story on its own that doesn't really need to be modernized. It was way too modernized for my liking to be honest. Not to mention, this plot has been done to death so many times. It does have a couple of nice moments though. Plus, I like Vanessa Williams and I also have a soft spot for Kathy Griffin. I don't care what people say about Griffin, she's funny and she's really hot as well. Alas, this movie is really just a waste of time as you have already seen this story several times already. At least I hope you have.

• Dec 25, 2010

Another good version.

Another good version.

• Dec 23, 2010

A nice modern day take on the Charles Dicken's classic but couldn't have at least changed the names?