Don't Look Now - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Don't Look Now Reviews

February 6, 2019
I Wasn't Sure What To Think. It Requires A Couple Of Times To Really Get Value Out Of It. The Suspence Comes In Jerks & Then Draws Along Behind Some Really Long-Winded Boring Sections. It's A Difficult One To Really Class, Which Makes It Unique I Suppose. Enjoyable, But Hasnt Aged Well.
½ January 11, 2019
Very solid. Extra points for the location.
January 9, 2019
Ok. Dated. A bit slow.
December 28, 2018
An all-time favourite of mine, just wonderfully balanced between style and emotion. And that score! Sure, there are elements that haven't aged well, but they tend for me to be elements that intended to be jarring anyway (the ending being a case in point) so don't take me out of the atmosphere created. Love it!
½ November 25, 2018
I was just bored the entire time. There's not a trace of horror or suspense in here.
½ November 24, 2018
A wonderful horror film that keeps growing in stature over the years. Clever plot, haunting moments of premonition and recall, and a compelling synergy between the two leads, Julie Christie and Jonathan Sunderland, including one of the best sex scenes in film ever. The production is economical but very effective, and Venice in the early 1970s looks refreshingly alive and spontaneous. Las week I saw the film again, loving every second, and today I spent the afternoon trying to accuire get a better quality DVD or Blue-Ray, because earlier transfers were poor, especially the sound quality. Alas, it seems the Criterion version, the one worth having, is not yet available in Europe. Upon returning home, disappointed, I learnt that Roeg has died.
½ November 22, 2018
Although sort of slow and confusing at times, Don't Look Now is a very well crafted drama/horror film that showcases some great camerawork, acting, and a complex and intriguing story.
November 21, 2018
this is a cool movie there is so many funny scenes in the film. my favorite part is when he almost dies falling from a platform. i would like to show this scene at a working at heights class as an example of what not to do, not being tied off, on a poorly made wooden platform. i guess they didnt have the best safety standards in italy in the 70s
November 11, 2018
One of the most boring movies ever. It is slow and ponderous. It could never be made today.
½ November 7, 2018
This film was almost good.
November 4, 2018
Enjoyable movie that tends to get a little slow towards the end. Downer ending though.
½ October 27, 2018
What an absolute waste of time.
Only worth seeing if you're wanting to see Venezia in the '70s.
Absolutely nothing here in terms of story. You'll regret it. ... watch paint dry.
½ October 24, 2018
Genuinely, oddly, unsettling.
October 6, 2018
An eerie horror classic with a disturbing ending and an insightful undertone of the effects of grief amid clever foreshadowing and shaky cinematography to evoke a sense of disorientation the main characters are facing.
August 2, 2018
So... For me the best part of the movie was something a critic spoiled in one of the reviews, and I can't say what it is, obviously. But I think that even if I didn't know that part, I wouldn't like "Don't look now" that much. Mostly because is not my cup of tea. Mostly it uses symbolism, and I was not really into follow them, or caring for them. Again: ending would have been great, if.......
July 30, 2018
A very slow burn... at times way too slow. The scares dont hold up well over time (ie the atmosphere, cinematography, etc). Can see how this might have been scary back then, but unfortunately now it's only a drama. The ending is very good though.
July 2, 2018
A film where the eye races over every corner of the screen searching for clues just as the protagonist searches through the cold and eerie streets of Venice. Slow zooms seem to magnify situations that are shrouded in mystery. Eliptical editing provides the viewer with one of the greatest sex scenes of all cinema - where "time seems to be biting itself in the ass"

The ending is notoriously odd, but maybe there was no other way to end such a gorgeous film than with a scene coated in luscious red the 1970's were so good at filming...
½ June 3, 2018
"Don't Look Now" is a psychological thriller unlike many that have been made or ever will. It's a haunting film about two parents who experience a devastating loss, then find themselves trapped by their own dread.
May 20, 2018
A decent film but i did find myself a bit bored. I thought some of the scenes were a bit over dramatic, and wasn't that satisfied with the conclusion.
May 20, 2018
Adapted from a short story by Daphne du Maurier about a couple's ghastly encounters after their daughter's drowning tragedy, Nicholas Roeg's horror pièce de résistance is less an occult hair-raiser than an exercise in film grammar with off-kilter editing and recurring motifs of the colour red, reflections and water.