Dracula 2000 Reviews

• Aug 22, 2019

Very underrated, Butler does a great job as Dracula, and the plot is somewhat original. People expecting something completely different are quite stupid: it's DRACULA. What do you expect? Him to sing songs and go SJW and reveal he's actually a trans that identifies as a hooker from Brooklyn? I think it was well done. Kinda freaked me out back when it first was released. Not too many better Dracula takes out there. Better than the 90s one with Keanu Reeves.

• Aug 04, 2019

I absolutely love this rendition of Dracula. This is my second favorite of all Dracula films I have seen. My first being the 1979 version with Frank Langella. In this version I love who they chose as Dracula "Gerard Butler" did a good job playing his part and of course is a good looking man. I love Mary's Father "Christopher Plummer" has always been a favorite actor of mine. What I really like most about this film is how it differs from the others on the storyline of Dracula being Judas Iscariot. Nice little twist there. I l like the action bit of matrix feel to it and just the overall chill and sexy thrill of it all. Even The Score composed by Marco Beltrami is a masterpiece! One of my favorite film scores. My two favorite tracks being "Brotherly Love" and "The Sun Also Rises" so enchantingly wicked. This film is nothing less then a treasure to my Dracula and horror collection.

• Oct 15, 2018

gerard looks amazing in this movie!!!!!! he never looked better - my opinion!!? I saw already all his movies on boxxy software

• Nov 12, 2017

What the heck where they thinking?

What the heck where they thinking?

• Oct 18, 2017

This is the best movie ever written in the history of cinema. Let alone in the history of horror. The acting, the casting, the dialogue, the cinematography, everything absolutely blew me away. This movie actually saved my life. My life meant nothing to me until I watched this beautiful film. I would recommend.

• Jan 11, 2017

not too bad by itself but doesn't do Dracula justice at all

not too bad by itself but doesn't do Dracula justice at all

• Sep 15, 2016

Dracula 2000 (2000) Starring:Johnny Lee Miller,Gerard Butler,Christopher Plummer, Justine Waddell,Vitamin C,Jennifer Esposito,Omar Epps,Shane West,Danny Masterson,Sean Patrick Thomas,Jeri Ryan, and Nathan Fillion Directed by Patrick Lussier Review THE MOST SEDUCTIVE EVIL OF ALL TIME HAS NOW BEEN UNLEASHED IN OURS. Hello Kiddies your pal the crypt-critic here has a movie he doesn't hate himself for liking and it really something you should sink your teeth into,it is one hell of a fun time. When Gerard Butler is making shit like Ps.I love you and The Bounty Hunter he tends to be a very good actor in Dracula 2000 he plays Dracula and he owns the role. Well okay he's no Gary Oldman but he gets the job done dang it. This movie put a new spin on Dracula putting him in our day and age as well as giving him a new origin. The story goes like this years ago Abraham Van Helsing captured Dracula but was unable to kill him. He kept him hidden in a coffin and filtered his blood through leaches in order to stay alive for many years. Fast forward to present day and Van Helsing is an antique dealer training his new prodigy Simon. But much to their dismay a group of thieves go into the vault and steal their coffin. The coffin opens on an airplane and good old Dracula comes back and starts biting some necks and takes in the sight of a New Orleans citizen. He is out searching for Abraham's daughter Mary who he seems to have a strong connection with. Abraham and Simon must head to New Orleans and save Mary before Dracula finds her first. I loved this new spin on the legend and I loved how they just updated Dracula so well for a new generation. I won't reveal what it is but the new origin for Dracula is epic it literally explains the crosses, the holy water, the stakes and the silver all in one shot. Yes, the ending just blew my mind. There's a lot of other things to enjoy as well, this movie is packing with some good old vampire blood and some great fights between Simon, Mary and some Dracula's other vampires. As I said earlier Gerard Butler is an awesome Dracula hell he wins just wit his looks.Christopher Plummer was a spot on Van Helsining I just wish he had done more, Justine Waddell doesn't do a lot of films and its a shame cause I did like her as Mary, Johnny Lee Miller does a decnt job as Abraham's prodigy Simon and has my favorite line in the whole movie. Hell Nathan Fillion is in this movie too but don't blink though you might miss him. Director Patrick Lussier has gone on to direct some other films like Drive Angry which I liked as well I don't think he has much to worry about for his career. I have nothing more to say except I love this film and everything it had to offer for my favorite vampire I'm giving Dracula 2000 a four and a half out of five.

• Aug 09, 2016

Cheesy but has some good ideas and twists on the familiar plus a great cast of familiar faces.

• Oct 28, 2015

Dracula 2000 is supposedly a reinvention of the vampire myth and still comes up with nothing new or original.

• Jul 21, 2015