Drool Reviews

• Aug 29, 2019

I adored this movie. Campy, Clever, Quirky, and most importantly, Original. It made me laugh, cry, cringe, and cheer. This is a great indie.

• Jul 17, 2018

Ugh... just ugh. There is no adult male character that has any redeemable qualities. In fact, the only male character I had any sympathy for was the teenage daughter's boy-toy. He expresses romantic interest in her, she rebuffs him, apparently because she's only interested in his dick, then when he gets involved with another girl, SHE gets angry at HIM. And SHE is presented as the character we're supposed to feel sorry for. Then, at the wife's lesbian lover's friend's house, they're all sitting around the campfire talking about murdering their husbands as casually as if they were discussing what they had for lunch that day. The girl who showed me this movie described it as being a good movie to show in a gender studies class. She only realized how incredibly sexist it was once she could see my very obvious, visible disgust and discomfort, at which point she said "okay, maybe it wouldn't be good for gender studies..." Oh no. She was right from the beginning. It would be right at home in a gender studies classroom. I'm a member of the GLBT "community" for lack of a better word, but this movie is gross. It's sickening. Not worth the time.

• Dec 18, 2013

It was a very interesting film with different situations by everyone in the family. Half touching half lighthearted.

• Jul 23, 2013

I love it not racial at all and I think this is the be$t movie ever thank for the movie

• Nov 02, 2012

I was prepared to not like this movie but became totally engrossed in it. Not what I expected. Quirky, entertaining, light hearted, and definitely worth watching. There are some serious issues in this movie, yet it was not meant to be taken so seriously (no spoilers here). There are also some scenes that strongly hint about shocking sexual situations, but not in an offensive manner. It does not indulge in lesbian sexuality. The only people who may not like this movie are those who are extremely conservative and serious about everything. Take the stick out, relax, and enjoy :)

• Jun 18, 2012

Very mind crazy movie

Very mind crazy movie

• Jun 14, 2012

Let's completely disregard the fact that this movie is not believable for one nanosecond. Because you know what? It's a movie. It doesn't have to be believable or realistic. It's unique, hilarious, and a fun ride. It's also a great lesson: in life, we aren't always beautiful or great, but we all deserve happiness. And if your dead husband in the back of your car while you embark on a road trip with two weird kids and your lesbian lover makes you happy, then so be it!

• Jan 20, 2012

Very funny . Is so gay .

Very funny . Is so gay .

• Dec 31, 2011

A very different movie.

A very different movie.

• Dec 06, 2011

In a world where most lesbian movies are terrible and most movies about "dysfunctional" (read: white, middle class, relatively functional) families are terrible, Drool is an outstanding film. Considering the dreary subject matter-- abuse, poverty, racism, homophobia-- this movie is entertaining without delving into B-movie territory. The characters are deep and flawed and amusing all at the same time. Drool is the definition of whistling in the dark. Passes the Bechdel Test with flying colors.