Dunston Checks In Reviews

• Jul 20, 2019

This is the best movie I've ever seen in my entire life. I cry laughing without fail every time I watch. It's silly fun laughs from from start to finish. How this movie has a 12% rating is truly beyond me; I regard it as my favorite kids movie of all time. DUNSTON 4EVR❤️

• Jul 12, 2019

THE MONKEY AND THE BOY! THE MONKEY AND THE BOY!!!!!!!

THE MONKEY AND THE BOY! THE MONKEY AND THE BOY!!!!!!!

• Jul 05, 2019

Dunston accomplishes checking in to two places; the beautiful Majestic Hotel and your heart.

• May 21, 2019

Dunston Checks In(1996) is bluntly the best movie i've ever seen and ever made, here's why. The menacing villain played by Rupert Evans sends chills up my spine and gives flashbacks to Alex from the much inferior film "A Clockwork Orange". When Lord Rutledge says, "I'll get you Dunston.", his wording and delivery is Oscar worthy and breathtaking. Whenever he was on screen I had to inject my diabetic insulin because looking at him is a treat. But he isn't the only scene stealer, our protagonist Dunston gives a preformance of a lifetime pounding Daniel Day Lewis to a pulp with his eyes alone. When Dunston states, "...*sniff*...", I cried and on the news there a tsunami in the desert because me and my friends watch the film on a IPhone 4, but that should tell you how powerful the film is. How Dunston reflects the struggles of an African-American in a white lord's hotel, the themes of identity are similar to Ralph Ellison's "Invisible Man" and Alice Walker's "The Color Purple", but towers those book in quality. How Dunston starts a revolution mirrors Nikolay Chernyshevsky's revolution that shook the Soviet Union for decades, but instead of the Soviet Union it is a low-class hotel but the impact is just as strong. The little boy is fantastic his crying scene 1 minute and 6 seconds in is emotional and honest, when he cries it is like when christian girl cries in God's Not Dead 2. The other's are amazing especially the extra in the dinner scene, this review would be to long if we delved deep into each character and the subtlety in each of their performance, but I will discuss just one more and give my rating. Gene Shadix's performance is wonderful and when he says, "Shrimpo..."(Best Film Ever). It is bluntly the best line in all of cinema history, Shadix is (this was a hard choice) the best performer in the film. Before this get like 10 lines long I wil rap up by saying, the plot is riveting, characters are great, special effects are stupendous, and Dunston is very hairy. If I give the film an infinity out of 10, the movie will gain an infitnity, so that is my final score. Infinity.

• Mar 22, 2019

Best film with a monkey you'll ever watch!

Best film with a monkey you'll ever watch!

• Mar 07, 2019

omg so sad only 6 percent in ratings! - didi what a in name of lerond klady is going here. giving this movie a 6? what are yall? morons, its so good :) - tres

• Jan 02, 2019

A masterpiece of auteur cinema. Essential viewing for everyone.

A masterpiece of auteur cinema. Essential viewing for everyone.

• Nov 24, 2018

I've watched this movie over and over and laugh every time!!!! It's my favorite!

• Dec 19, 2017

There are far more interesting kid/animal films out there.

There are far more interesting kid/animal films out there.

• Aug 22, 2017

Dunston is not a very good name for this orangutan. Otherwise, I enjoyed my teets off. Minus half-a-star for the obvious phallic symbol of the poster.