End of Watch - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

End of Watch Reviews

December 12, 2017
More shaky cam than I generally care for. Both Gyllenhaal and Pena were excellent.
December 9, 2017
Utter crap. Zero plot, nothing actually happens. Just lots of average banter full of "fuck this" "dude" that. Over an hour in and still, if you can believe this, the action with the cartel happens. The whole point of this film is squeezed non sensically in to the last 10 minutes.
½ December 5, 2017
pretty terrible and pretty useless. really boring. handheld cam doesn't even make sense half the time. some really dumb stuff happens and there are some really terrible characters. i don't know why i gave it a second chance. i will blame it on malik (2 viewings)
½ October 13, 2017
One of the top five police movies I have ever seen. The style of the filming made this overdone genre fresh again and all actors did a good job down to the scumbag gangstas. I would love to see a sequel or other movies in the same style.
October 5, 2017
Exceptional action film using (what appears to be) mostly handheld cameras.
September 1, 2017
Outstanding cop movie that mixed raw emotion, stress, intensity, some shocking moments, and just the right amount of humour to get some amazing performances out of the entire cast.
August 21, 2017
6/10 A bit over-the-top sugar-coated propaganda film about the good that there is in every cop... hmm... It is engaging though albeit too naive.
July 4, 2017
Its a great movie! It looks like its a real life documantry! I recommend watching this even if your in 2017.
½ June 29, 2017
Well built characters mixed with great action and filiming techniques made this an outstanding movie, truly good
½ May 10, 2017
"End of Watch" is a well-made cop movie that is very grounded in reality. I respect this movie for not shying away from things that are hard to watch and brutally real. I felt the lead performances were great and the chemistry was genuine. I did feel the found footage elements the movie were a bit unnecessary and the story could have been told just as effectively without them. Nonetheless, this is a good movie that feels authentic and ultimately does pack a pretty emotional punch.
½ April 30, 2017
'End of Watch' is a brilliantly executed cop drama that is as enticing as it is unrelenting. A quick pace makes the film kinetic and never loses your attention. The real props however, go to the two leads in Gyllenhaal and Pena, who establish wonderful character development along the chaotic ride. Their banter and build up bring us to an unflinching climax that shows no remorse. In fact, nothing about the film is remorseful. This is pure, unadulterated chaos, shoveled into one to make one of the best cop films you'll see in recent years.
April 10, 2017
I Only Like Graphic Violence, Swearing, Sex And Nudity Only Just Only In R-Rated Films.
March 17, 2017
I made an account just to rate this 5 stars. This movie was funny,thrilling, and emotional all at the same time i loved it. one of the best god damn movies ive ever seen.
½ March 17, 2017
The buddy cop dramedy revisited and made relatable by the spot on performances on it's lead players. The plot setup is somewhat far fetched but its nada but a thrill rise after all. And while not Hope and Crosby, the banter often is not too far from them either.
March 3, 2017
Enjoyed the chemistry between Jake Gyllenhaal and Michael Peņa. The one character that I felt was not quite authentic was the chola. Really enjoyed this movie. Michael Peņa did a good job in a role that was way different than I've seen him do before.
½ February 7, 2017
If you can get past the constant swearing and shaky cam this isn't a bad film, but not really a good one either in my opinion. It is quite predictable and doesn't really show either the Police or the people they are catching in a good light. If real life is like this in the US I'm very glad I don't live there.
January 24, 2017
A well acted, brutal film emphasising the friendship of fellow policemen. The filming style is questionable with a handheld feel though why there would be a character with a camera in some instances is questionable. It's best not to get bogged down in that (such as why a member of a gang seems to be recording their illegal activity) and enjoy the film for what it is.
½ January 7, 2017
I may be biased because I'm a cop, but this is one movie I can watch over and over again. The plot is a basic, yet incredibly twisted one. Seeing as there is an actual war on cops these days, this movie was ahead of its time. In terms of being authentic; from an actual police officers point of view, it is just that. There are some parts (apartment fight between civilian and cop), that don't quite pinpoint the realism of police work. However, the interactions between Zavala and Taylor felt very real and the camaraderie was all on point. The story is excellent, the realism is there. The only real gripe I have is that the "bad guys" could have used a better backstory.
January 5, 2017
It's good movie to watch
December 30, 2016
Im quite a fussy movie goer & I don't like many. But this movie is one of the best I've seen and is the only that has ever brought a tear to my eye.