The Exorcist - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Exorcist Reviews

August 18, 2017
This Is My Favorite Horror Movie Of All Time.
August 11, 2017
Very suspenseful and incredibly well acted, I especially enjoyed Jason Miller. There is some really good practical effects in here, especially the infamous head turning scene. The final act was really suspenseful, although essentially anticlimactic in the end. I really enjoyed the film, but I felt that a lot of the hype I heard about it was not as high as it should have been. Definitely a classic and deservedly so far it's time however
August 11, 2017
Overall, best horror film ever created. But, that is MY opinion.
July 20, 2017
The plot is fine, the acting is fine, very scary, the swearing and blood can seem a bit much at times though.
July 13, 2017
A visual and audio funhouse that just so happened to prey upon our most hardwired superstitions. We take for granted today the shocking and life-threatening scare tactics director William Friedkin innovated. Even without the visual effects, the unhinged performances by the cast resulted in a truly terrifying experience - at least for the first time you watch it. Gradually, as you watch lesser caliber horror, the violent nature of the film mitigates. But with its carefully orchestrated silences and assaults on the viewer, nothing compares to this. Watch it only once, when you're still open-minded as to the concepts of evil spirits.

Pazuzu floated head-circles around other invisible villains like Keyser Soze and the mad truck driver from Duel. This nasty demon even surpasses other non-human terrors such as Jaws and the Borg Queen because of its blatantly malicious intent. Whereas we can debate the evil heart of the monster in Cloverfield or Godzilla (which theoretically could be a worried mommy looking for her eggs) Pazuzu's evil lust is insatiable. This King of the demons was not content until it has possessed and violated a 12-year old girl, swore like a sailor, defied all human logic with its ghostly bag of tricks and wasted not one but two priests. That's what you call a devil's advocate.
July 13, 2017
Best movie ever made. Period.
July 11, 2017
I'm just gonna start off by saying if you haven't seen The Exorcist, you are not a true horror fan. What can I say that hasn't been said already? The Exorcist is definitely the scariest movie of all time and definitely one of the greatest aside from The Shining. It's a must see horror movie.
July 5, 2017
okay, here goes: my favorite movie. 'nuf said. fade out. the end....
July 1, 2017
Not only visually horrifying, but psychologically horrifying. The Exorcist has great performances, eerie direction from William Friedkin, and well-paced, effective character development. I've never seen a movie that has matched the horror that this movie displayed. It scares you because it gets in your head and under your skin and it sticks with you for awhile after you watch it, unlike most horror movies today where they try to scare you with loud startling noises. The Exorcist is a ground-breaker in cinema and is not only possibly the scariest movie ever made, but one of the greatest films ever made.
½ June 26, 2017
A chilling, unsettling drama that I found very enjoyable. A bit obscene and vulgar, but that wasn't a bad thing. The vulgarity really showed the transformation and possession of Regan. I loved it.
½ June 25, 2017
When someone was talking about the ''EXORCIST'' some were saying '' Oh my god , when i watched it I couldn't sleep for 2 weeks !'' others were saying '' Oh my god this film shocked me!! '' So I was really excited to watch it , so I did: Actually it was kinf kf funny! The story is interesting, the efforts were great but I can't rate it higher than this; I was expecting so much more! I'm really dissapointed! The acting though was great, especially from Ellen Burstyn.
June 22, 2017
Friedkin and Blatty masterfully explore the mystery of faith, the danger in valuing intellect above belief, self-sacrifice, and a parents devotion. This is a truly terrifying and deeply affecting masterpiece.
June 18, 2017
Este filme tem credenciais impressionantes, de acordo com o sistema de valores de Hollywood. É baseado com reverência excessiva no romance best-seller de William Peter Blatty. É dirigido por um homem que ganhou um Oscar, alem da ótima bilheteria. No entanto é difícil atribuir adjetivos suficientes para exprimir a repulsa que senti pelas cenas bizaras e grotescas que assistir, o filme é vil, brutal e demente.
June 16, 2017
Definitely one of my Favorite horror films. This film is Phenomenal. Everyone did so well. Linda Blair did awesome playing both versions of her character. The film is cery tense and has a great ending. The theme is chilling. The film has a straight forward plot, Exercising The Demons. It becomes more than that. Overall, an amazing horror film

Rating: 10/10
June 11, 2017
Was good, but not as good as claimed. Previous to watching this I had heard it was the best horror film out there, in my opinion it wasn't but it doesn't prevent it from being a enjoyable feature.
May 24, 2017
CREEPY
Like everyone is saying, the creepiest and scariest movie ever created by man is The Exorcist. What I want to say that is often overlooked is the acting of this film. This is really a drama. I mean Ellen Burstyn who plays the mother of the possessed girl, did an amazing job, I mean I really felt for her. And Linda Blair, who plays Reagan, can you imagine, being a 12 year old girl and having to swear like that! God, what a commitment. I thought this film doesn't only represent what a good horror film is, it also represents key factors into making a good movie. I think it should have won Best Picture instead of The Sting. But that is just me.
May 20, 2017
I am late to the game but what a fantastic film. Having never seen it, and having seen modern horror type films, it;'s altogether a more tense affair, if not a touch less scary as a result. Still, its effect on the genre today is clear.
May 16, 2017
Linda Blair`s "Evil" scenes were the only good part of this disaster.
May 9, 2017
My favorite movie of all time, no doubt.
May 4, 2017
PODERIA TER UMA NOTA MELHOR.