The Fabulous Dorseys Reviews

• Jan 07, 2017

random julesy background pic thanks to amazon prime while certainly dated and never great this bio pic of the always great musically Dorsey Brothers is worth a turn on viewing esp if you like the music or have things to do in the foreground the kind of movie i may have looked at with my grandfather if streaming existed when he did with the legendary jazz band brothers playing themselves, this often maudlin sometimes dull sometimes witty fun picture always has great music and more certainly a worse way to spend less than 2 hours if ya ask julesy and the hobbit den kitties

• Jan 03, 2015

I know next to nothing about the Dorseys, but I still enjoyed this movie. I did feel like it started to drag a little by about halfway through, but the characters were enough to keep me watching. Probably not one of my favorite classics, but it's worth sitting through.

• Jul 06, 2013

Nice biography of musicians that allows the music to speak for itself in various interlude moments.

• May 27, 2010

It?s worth watching for the music alone, and the historical appearances of many of the popular swing stars of the time. The screenplay isn?t great, and it does lean toward melodrama. As for the performances, a bit uneven there. Sara Allgood does a fine job as the Dorsey?s mother. It?s best to ignore the negatives and focus on the great score and the slice of history this film is.

• May 27, 2010

62/100. It's worth watching for the music alone, and the historical appearances of many of the popular swing stars of the time. The screenplay isn't great, and it does lean toward melodrama. As for the performances, a bit uneven there. Sara Allgood does a fine job as the Dorsey's mother. It's best to ignore the negatives and focus on the great score and the slice of history this film is.

• May 17, 2008

This is some movie What music The big band era

This is some movie What music The big band era

• Mar 26, 2006

Mediocre biopic with fairly bland performances.

Mediocre biopic with fairly bland performances.