The Feast of All Saints Reviews

• Oct 06, 2015

I have been waiting and waiting to see this movie and it was worth the wait. It really sheds light on a very unfamiliar part of Black history during the times of slavery- the "Gens de Couleur Libres." It was very eye opening and therefore very distressing. The acting was beautiful and the cast overall was well chosen. It is a movie that Black people should see and be inspired to find out more about our history. Well worth seeing.

• Sep 08, 2012

Very informative . Beautifully and sad.

Very informative . Beautifully and sad.

• Aug 09, 2012

I didn' catch it when it was the miniseries I rented it. I had read the book which was excellent. This miniseries follows the book almost exactly. Which is huge for me. It is great I highly reccommend it.

• May 28, 2012

HORRIBLE. I love Anne Rice, but this just didn't interest me.

HORRIBLE. I love Anne Rice, but this just didn't interest me.

• May 23, 2012

Very well done series, learned a lot!

Very well done series, learned a lot!

• Jan 13, 2012

This is a MUST SEE. Historical Fiction at it's best. Based on the Anne Rice novel, this true story follow the life of a mixed creole boy coming of age in a world not white or black but in between. Rent it. Buy it. Whatever you do watch it.

• Jul 06, 2011

This was one of my favorite Mini-series ever.A look into New Orleans Upper Class & the tradition of "Placage" fascinated me.This was very well made & acted, I've been trying to remember the name of this for so long, & I finally found it here.I would like to see it again, & own it.Like "Roots" it is a little known History tat we all should educate ourselves better about, it is our history.

• May 05, 2011

Compelling drama about free slaves and life changing choices they made in order to live free.

• Nov 12, 2010

Bianca Lawson swooooooooooons

Bianca Lawson swooooooooooons

• May 11, 2010

Ok now this story is interesting to me. The clothing and the time period is good. NOW I didnt really think Robert Ri 'chard did that great of a job. I love his beauty and his innocence, but I thought he was to young in his career for this role. But other then that. I like Anne Rice novels, and I am very interested in any of the movies that try to capture her words on film. Beautiful woman, tragic kind of story. Strong woman trying to make a life for their self in their times. Its actually very sad. But that was the time, I really respect the thoughts that crossed my mind when watching this movie. About what it might have been like to be in those times. This movie made me think. Lots of people in this movie. I was impressed with Jennifer Beals, Jasmine Guy and all the other woman in this movie. I just finished reading Angel time and I would love to see this one done on film. I love Anne Rice and am so grateful for her stories.