Fight Club - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Fight Club Reviews

January 20, 2017
Palahniuk. Fincher. Pitt. Norton. The four horsemen of Pulp Fiction's mayhem. The film hit American audiences at just the right time, high tide of the Dot-com boom, silencing the party like a record scratch and inspiring both the comforted and the afflicted to want to paint a self-portrait, build a house, or maybe just blow some shit up.
½ January 18, 2017
Gave this one a re-watch awhile back, just because it was on cable and I got fished in...

Would it be fucked up to call this a comfort movie? Because it's definitely one I've seen dozens of times and will put on for background noise just because it's familiar and can be ignored.

By the same token though, I really enjoy everything about the film, from the story itself, to the look and feel of the film and the overall message behind it.

Highly recommended.
January 17, 2017
David Fincher crafted an amazingly directed film with great twists and turns. The film is also superbly written and has great, interesting characters. Fight Club is probably the best of Fincher's films but is also one of the best films ever made.
January 17, 2017
I'm not going to talk about this.
January 16, 2017
Fight Club is timeless masterpiece with interesting characters, amazing acting, David Fincher's chaotic direction, unforgettable quotes, thought provoking themes of Existentialism and Consumerism and in my opinion the best plot twist of all time.
½ January 12, 2017
As the YouTube reviewer FoldingIdeas put it, Fight Cub is an effective satirical look on the paradoxical loops of frustrated men attempting to evade their empty feeling consumeristic pampering leash by ironically creating a violent counterculture that is only different from their dominant society by a new coat of paint; a bloody red coat of paint at that. Despite the disturbing implications that the main characters commit, their metaphorical implications make the movie all the more potent when viewed under a different shade. Topped by charismatic performances, witty dialogue, and a thrillingly original narrative flips the movie's unpleasant subject matter into a clever, entertaining, and engaging piece of cinema.
½ January 11, 2017
Nota: 9.8/10 - 4.8/5
½ January 3, 2017
Fight club is one of the best movies I have ever seen. Great acting. Great directing. Great story. Great action. And the most important thing, everthing is perfectly fitted into the movie. This is almost perfect. The twist is so great that you will see the whole film with a different perspective. And does it make sense even after that? YES. 99% of the time. There are constant hints thrown during the course of the film but still most people won't see it coming.

***********SPOILER ALERT*************

Even after this it is not perfect. When it is revealed that Tyler Durden is the narrator himself, some things don't make sense. There are instances when the narrator and Tyler Durden are not together every time. In some places we see them in different places. So were was Edward Norton actually? In the end Tyler shoots himself in the mouth and doesn't die. During the start Tyler says that the house isnt capable of having even a single person. And turning light on in one room made the other one go out. But we see a full gang staying in that house perfectly. There are maybe one or two instances more that defy logic.

************SPOILER ENDS**************

The film's pacing is slow in maybe one or two parts and there are too many Pepsi product placements which annoyed me. In the end this is an unmissable movie. Highly recommended.
January 2, 2017
Great plot with an interesting twist. Still holds up after 20 years.
½ January 1, 2017
Possibly the funniest movie I've ever seen.
December 31, 2016
Easily one of the greatest movies I've seen. Full of everything you could ask for, including comedy and the best one-liners that last a lifetime. Pure cult classic.
December 28, 2016
This movie changed my life, it opened my eyes and I hope yours too. Apart from that, it's a fantastic movie by Fincher, his best in my opinion. When people say Brad Pitt can't act I just show them this movie. And Norton? What about Norton? Well in my opinion he did even better than Pitt but people just didn't like him that much for some reason.
December 23, 2016
A film that can determine many layers, depending how much of a deep thinker you may be. It's metaphorical, it's a message, it's a really big hint to the controlled masses, it's a study of personalities and an internal struggle. Fight club is a memorable, one of a kind film ... is it really about a fight club?
December 19, 2016
One of my all time favorites
December 17, 2016
Absolutely genius, and addicting.
December 16, 2016
Fight Club is a clever and bizarre social satire with a talented cast and director.
½ December 9, 2016
Good film. Never seen this before. It is overrated in my opinion and very confusing in parts but still worth a watch
December 1, 2016
Ed Norton kills, just saying
November 30, 2016
Fight Club represents the desperate cry of the consumerist modern man for something to end his anxiety and conformism - which takes shape as a brutal anarchy of religious echoes -, and this is a dangerous movie whose brilliant, powerful statement may not be fully grasped by a mainstream audience.
½ November 26, 2016
One of the most talked about movies of the 90s and always a stamped card among the best cults movies, but "Clube da Luta" deserves all of its fame, because it talks to the void's longing for the viewer, we would all like to have a friend Like Tyler durden, our protagonist does not have a name, the city where the story takes place has no name, it can be anyone anywhere, it can be us, for everyone at some point in life has the feeling that it does not matter how much We are not happy, and our protagonist has only taken an attitude about it ... The struggle itself is an elevation to the inner animal of each one, in a struggle, it is where we get rid of all the social ties that society imposes , And I have a lot more to talk about, but I'm not going to stay here. Outside the brilliant critiques of consumerism and death, the film is not only a perfect script, but technically the film is also incredible, the performances are great, photography is cleaned the whole time, except in the pores where the fights take place, the edition Is impeccable and the soundtrack is unique, Fincher does an impeccable job adapting the book of the impeccable chuck palahniuk, the only thing that displeases me in the film is when the fight club gets too big and its utopian end, it gets a little Of the viewer's identification with the film, but they are small details for what in spite of all the critics is yes a spectacular film.