Fight Club - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Fight Club Reviews

February 24, 2017
My favorite movie ever. Real, gritty, and a fun twisting ride for everyone.
February 23, 2017
I was surprised at how good this was. Way more than the lines it's known for and the twist it has. Amazing film.
February 23, 2017
First rule about fight club is to not talk about fight club. Second rule don't talk about fight club. Phenomenal great movie starring brad Pitt and Edward Norton. For some odd reason this movie is interesting and intriguing. The plot is not that special but how the director and the acting of this movie makes it special. You could have made a pg 13 version of fight club but the directors wanted the realness so that fight club would be realistic. And it is realistic and is interesting. How something so simple becomes so iconic and people consider this movie a timeless classic.
February 21, 2017
An interesting film, and one that is generally considered a bit of a classic. Its certainly an odd movie, and one that cannot easily be compared to another, although is overall one that I really enjoyed. Our two leads are excellent, particularly Pitt as the controlling, domineering Tyler. Certain developments and scenes are very wacky, although this fits in which much of the film and characters. The famous finale is somewhat foreseeable from the outset, although is still executed really well.
February 19, 2017
Fight Club is a masterpiece. Brad Pitt gives the performance of his career as he embodies the man every boy wants to be. Clever, witty, and tough. Fight Club tells the story of men who have fallen into conformity and want an escape. They are liberated only by establishing a brutal club where they can let loose on each other. However, the element that makes this film unique is the disturbing view it has on how we want to see ourselves and how we cope with who we are. The acting is terrific, the soundtrack is terrific, and it looks amazing. I would highly recommend this movie to anyone.
February 16, 2017
One of the best movies ever made in cinema, full of social satire on American society and a very shocking, fantastic twist in the middle of the movie. Fight Club is a very entertaining movie, with a ingenious screenplay and some great actors, even the soundtrack is really cool. It will always be one of my favorite flicks. Recommended !!
February 10, 2017
One pf the greatest!!!!
February 10, 2017
I see it as a representation of the internal fight a person suffering from a mental illness goes through.
½ February 7, 2017
Just noticed that this film is in the comedy genre on Flixter. It is indeed a joke. If this film depicts 'true' masculinity, then something is very, very wrong. I hated the message that this film gives.
February 4, 2017
One of my favourite films of all time. Not at all like I expected.
January 20, 2017
Palahniuk. Fincher. Pitt. Norton. The four horsemen of Pulp Fiction's mayhem. The film hit American audiences at just the right time, high tide of the Dot-com boom, silencing the party like a record scratch and inspiring both the comforted and the afflicted to want to paint a self-portrait, build a house, or maybe just blow some shit up.
½ January 18, 2017
Gave this one a re-watch awhile back, just because it was on cable and I got fished in...

Would it be fucked up to call this a comfort movie? Because it's definitely one I've seen dozens of times and will put on for background noise just because it's familiar and can be ignored.

By the same token though, I really enjoy everything about the film, from the story itself, to the look and feel of the film and the overall message behind it.

Highly recommended.
January 17, 2017
David Fincher crafted an amazingly directed film with great twists and turns. The film is also superbly written and has great, interesting characters. Fight Club is probably the best of Fincher's films but is also one of the best films ever made.
January 17, 2017
I'm not going to talk about this.
January 16, 2017
Fight Club is timeless masterpiece with interesting characters, amazing acting, David Fincher's chaotic direction, unforgettable quotes, thought provoking themes of Existentialism and Consumerism and in my opinion the best plot twist of all time.
½ January 12, 2017
As the YouTube reviewer FoldingIdeas put it, Fight Cub is an effective satirical look on the paradoxical loops of frustrated men attempting to evade their empty feeling consumeristic pampering leash by ironically creating a violent counterculture that is only different from their dominant society by a new coat of paint; a bloody red coat of paint at that. Despite the disturbing implications that the main characters commit, their metaphorical implications make the movie all the more potent when viewed under a different shade. Topped by charismatic performances, witty dialogue, and a thrillingly original narrative flips the movie's unpleasant subject matter into a clever, entertaining, and engaging piece of cinema.
½ January 3, 2017
Fight club is one of the best movies I have ever seen. Great acting. Great directing. Great story. Great action. And the most important thing, everthing is perfectly fitted into the movie. This is almost perfect. The twist is so great that you will see the whole film with a different perspective. And does it make sense even after that? YES. 99% of the time. There are constant hints thrown during the course of the film but still most people won't see it coming.

***********SPOILER ALERT*************

Even after this it is not perfect. When it is revealed that Tyler Durden is the narrator himself, some things don't make sense. There are instances when the narrator and Tyler Durden are not together every time. In some places we see them in different places. So were was Edward Norton actually? In the end Tyler shoots himself in the mouth and doesn't die. During the start Tyler says that the house isnt capable of having even a single person. And turning light on in one room made the other one go out. But we see a full gang staying in that house perfectly. There are maybe one or two instances more that defy logic.

************SPOILER ENDS**************

The film's pacing is slow in maybe one or two parts and there are too many Pepsi product placements which annoyed me. In the end this is an unmissable movie. Highly recommended.
January 2, 2017
Great plot with an interesting twist. Still holds up after 20 years.
½ January 1, 2017
Possibly the funniest movie I've ever seen.
December 31, 2016
Easily one of the greatest movies I've seen. Full of everything you could ask for, including comedy and the best one-liners that last a lifetime. Pure cult classic.