Fight Club - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Fight Club Reviews

March 18, 2018
pretty cool movie is probably required viewing for most guys. A little pretentious in spots but overall, a rather wild ride. great ending, and Helena Bonham Carter is a gas
March 18, 2018
Master piece.... Better than bock
March 8, 2018
an outstanding and different take depression and mental illness, this twisted tale is topped off with one of the best endings in cinematic history. even better when rewatched and you can notice all of the subtle and clever hints to what's really going on.
February 26, 2018
Let's be honest, Fight Club isn't really for a mainstream audience. And Fight Club is polarizing and understandably so. Yet I found myself loving this movie even when I accidentally found out about the huge plot twist. Although I had trouble believing it at first. Fight Club has some incredible production design. The stylish way in which David Fincher directs, the utilization of CGI. I wonder how ahead of its time the CGI was back then. Like everyone else, I believe Fight Club is a darkly satirical view on consumerist culture and one huge "Take That!" against society. It's the type of movie that has you asking "Should I be laughing?" due to the scenes that are quite comedic such as Tyler Durden's poor excuse for not recruiting Jared Leto. Narration that isn't done by Freeman, Hopkins or Stewart tends to usually be a sin but Edward Norton really kills it as the Narrator. It's one of the few times when narration is actually okay. Fight Club is an underrated movie that is more entertaining when viewed as a black comedy than a full-on drama despite what IMDb claims.
February 25, 2018
Fantastic movie, unbelievable ending
February 24, 2018
1001 movies to see before you die.
½ February 23, 2018
Fight Club: A pretensious, bestowed, slow, and boring thiller. One that uses violence as a lame excuse for rapture and a waste of a talented cast, with a melodramatic ending that neither changes the outcome or complex plot, it tries so hard to be.
February 23, 2018
A rare occasion where everything went right. Starting from Palahniuk's seminal novel, followed by even better screenplay, propelled by excellent direction and then launched straight to stratosphere by a jaw dropping cast. This is once in a lifetime movie experience which only gets better with time. No wonder it never got any Oscars or Grammy's or other such nonsense.
February 22, 2018
FIGHT CLUB is in my top 10 favourite movie list, and it will always be in the top 10. what a film by the master David Fincher, and what a performance by Brad Pitt, just awesome.
February 11, 2018
Dont be mad at a movie just because it is smarter than you. If yu understood it.... then im sure your life has managed to change itself in some way.
½ February 6, 2018
Cinematography/Editing: 4
Age/Originality: 3
Total: 22/25
February 3, 2018
"Fight Club" is, simply put, a delusional movie. I don't mean that in a bad way, however: the story is incredibly unique and intriguing, albeit absolutely mad in about every of its aspects. The Narrator, an office worker-turned-insomniac portrayed by a young Edward Norton, has his apartment blown up and thus loses everything in his possession, whereafter he meets an outlaw-ish brute, a certain 'Tyler Burden', portrayed by an evenly fresh Brad Pitt. Together, they start a recreational, underground fistfight club.

That is to say, "fresh" isn't exactly how one could describe "Fight Club". The film gets its charm from its filth, nonchalance and brutal surrealism: the dark, bloody, dirty, violent, cult-like environments, driven by ideologies declared by derailed personalities, make for an almost careless aesthetic that wholly differs from the cinematic norm - though a pleasant one, for sure. To amplify this barbaric nature, characters seem to heal from battle wounds in a quick (and, in doing so, surreal) fashion, so that they are able to participate in fistfights more often than sanity would advise us: I'm sure that in reality, the cuts and bruises would become unbearable, that members of Fight Club would receive unthinkable brain damage, and deaths would be rather frequent in said club, given the raw fighting the audience is shown. Again: all this adds, rather than takes away.

Without spoiling too much of the plot: the film can be divided into two parts - one before, and one after the grand plot twist. During the first part, which largely comprises what's described above, loads of subliminal buildup of story takes place, to eventually catalyse one of the best plot twists that was once witnessable on the contemporary big screen. It offers a great explanation for the peculiarity of the story up until that point, whilst making it even more twistedly genius at the same time, ending the film in the climactic second and final part.

So, in short, "Fight Club" is a raw, psychopathic and disturbing narration about having nothing to lose, offering a unique twist on things as they are - an absolutely remarkable piece of storytelling history.
February 2, 2018
One of the best films ever made.
February 2, 2018
Great, the script is amazing
January 28, 2018
A perfect film adaptation from Chuck Palahniuk's original text. Strong commentary on capitalism and the road society is going down. Once political/economic opinions are put aside and the sharp reasoning and points expressed are listened to, this film will stick with you for years to come. A great choice for Fincher to take on.
January 26, 2018
Absolutely incredible movie that will always be a classic.
½ January 26, 2018
Simply brilliant: thank you Palahniuk. (and then thank you everybody else)
January 15, 2018
This is one of the best movies I've ever seen
January 2, 2018
Personally too gritty and long for me, and the ending "twist" wasn't that surprising at all given all the things that lead up to it. I'll give the philosophy and message Fincher intended to deliver credit, but the presentation just wasn't fulfilling for me. Perhaps another watch in a few years will change my thoughts.
½ December 31, 2017