Four Eyed Monsters Reviews

• Mar 31, 2019

This movie is effing boring. It's painful as hell. It's slow. It's tedious. It's embarrassing. It's uncomfortable. It's pretentious. It's naive. It's stupid. It feels like I've been watching it for a week. It's perfect. The fact that this movie is hard to watch is a reflection on how hard it is for these people to actually make a connection with someone. Some people fall into that pretty easily apparently, but for a lot of people, it's a slog. I think the feeling of exhaustion I now feel is the point of the film. It is exhausting because what they're doing is exhausting. So on that level, it succeeded, and I'm glad I watched it. It's worth a shot if you can relate to any of what I just said. If you think I sound like a twat, should probably avoid this one. PS Is it weird that Tomatoes offers a 5 star rating system to users? Shouldn't it just be thumbs up thumbs down? Is that the whole point of the site?

• Oct 30, 2015

A hit-and-miss film, it's worth watching what doesn't work in order to see what does. The film is so hectic, it kind of wears on the more touching moments. Less would have been more, but there certainly value here.

• Jan 18, 2013

Four Eyed Monsters (2005) is a truly original and artistic narrative film; part drama, part documentary. As part of the project there are also thirteen webisodes that make this experience more than a movie. It is a story of a relationship at its core but turned into so much more. The title refers to a couple, the oneness of two people, and how that oneness can often turn into a monster. Arin Crumley and Susan Buice have created an emotionally powerful film about their relationship and sexuality. The collection of music is intoxicating when mixed with the unique, often abstract, videography. In the beginning of the film we are introduced to Arin and Susan's past; they are both introverted struggling artists. After meeting online they start a very eccentric relationship in which they do not talk. They decided talking is usually the most uncomfortable part of a relationship and that they would only "speak" through writing, video, and artistic means. During this time they also decide to make the film that you are watching. Regret, love, empathy, jealousy, and all the emotions that come with a relationship are touched on. 7 out of 10 (webisodes 9 out of 10) - It takes us deep into the mind and feelings of today's relationships, albeit from two very artistic and erratic people. I recommend watching the movie first then all the webisodes (all are on the DVD). I found the webisodes to be more interesting than the film and they give important insight about Arin and Susan and the film. They are also very powerful from a filmmaking stance about the ups and downs of creating an independent film. The movie did run a bit slow and lost its direction a few times and although beautiful and compelling, some of the imagery didn't add value to the film. Once I saw the webisodes I felt they could have done better with the feature film. Overall the project (film and episodes) was interesting and entertaining; I found myself wanting more. Dain Binder <a href="http://www.dainsmoviereviews.com/2009/12/four-eyed-monsters-movie-review.html">http://www.dainsmoviereviews.com/2009/12/four-eyed-monsters-movie-review.html</a>

• Nov 05, 2012

Movie changed my life. Seriously did.

Movie changed my life. Seriously did.

• Jun 24, 2012

Unique, intelligent, new concept. Story evolves as you watch. Felt like I was allowed to watch their lives. Refreshing.

• Jun 17, 2012

Really original film. Very arty, the film is all about the images which you can't take your eyes off. A little bit mopey but, that's indie for you. I'll definately look up the sequel.

• May 21, 2012

So I finally caught up with this. A veritable heartfelt multimedia montage where the third act breaks yonder fourth wall but is also its greatest weakness; for to return to reality is to break the spell. See for yourself at http://vodo.net/4em

• Nov 02, 2011

About finding a partner in the 'digital era' and how to comunicate with him/her...

• Apr 25, 2011

four eyes... two mouths... eight extremities... completely disgusting... why do i envy it??

• Dec 19, 2010

I really tried to watch this but I gave up, seemed like I was wasting movie time.