Frankenweenie - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Frankenweenie Reviews

December 12, 2017
Definitely a low point in the long list of films brought to you by Disney. Tim Burton does not know how to appeal to a younger audience, as shown also in his remake of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Very poor.
½ December 9, 2017
Puntaje Original: 5.5

Con un tono triste y sombrío, Frankenweenie solo logra aburrir en su intento de hacer un plagio descarado a un clásico del cine de terror.
November 27, 2017
One experiment to meddle with life and death...by yours truly...Victor Frankenstein.
November 26, 2017
If you love Frankenstein and have ever been heart-broken over the death of a beloved pet, then this movie will sit well with you.
November 11, 2017
There were so many parts of this movie that just made me cringe. A little boy seeing his dog dying with its limbs ripped from its body. The same little boy unburying his dog, dragging the body, suturing the dog's limbs back to its body, and then electrifying it. If this movie was not claymation, it would be disgusting.
And to conclude this movie is an awful ending.
October 28, 2017
Loved it as much as the original.
October 26, 2017
4/5. An excellent Halloween movie that has a fun story, great style, weird characters, and Tim Burton at his Tim Burton-est. Also, it will really make you want to play with a dog, which is always a plus.
October 26, 2017
When a boy's beloved dog suddenly dies, run over by a car, he attempts to bring the animal back to life through a powerful science experiment and he succeeds. Once again, the Academy Awards nominated another of Tim Burton's stop-motion work, this time in black and white. It is an enjoyable tale with good music that pays homage to some classical horror films but manages to develop an original story.
October 10, 2017
I'm a sucker for stop motion, and the core story is really interesting. I also found the connection between Victor and Sparky to feel authentic and sympathetic. But, there are multiple plotlines that either don't feel fleshed out enough or don't have a proper conclusion. And there are so many lessons set up that don't stay consistent. AND the actual, official ending felt like it happened before it should've. Like the animators got tired and decided to cut the film ten minutes short. This was a messy review, and I think I sounded much more negative than I meant to. I liked "Frankenweenie" overall, and I'm willing to let pass some of the inevitable traits Disney produced kids movies have that drive me crazy. Most of my issues came from just the last twenty minutes. I don't know, maybe I take my monster dog movies too seriously.
September 26, 2017
Great Disney animated movie.
½ July 31, 2017
The story starts off well as a heart-warming story about a boy and his dog with some mad science added to the mix and nods to monster movies of old. Those nods start to take over in the third act and the original story, that worked so well as a short film, gets lost as it is padded out. The sense of humour, commentary on science and impressive visuals help maintain interest.
July 3, 2017
In spite of the main protagonist's underdevelopment and predictability of some scenes, Frankenweenie is still a surprising welcome return for Burton.
May 4, 2017
A PRIMEIRA ANIMAÇÃO DE TERROR A FIGURAR ENTRE OS MELHORES.
February 26, 2017
With great visuals, excellent animation and 3D, chilling scares, an enjoyable story-line, and some great voice acting, "Frankenweenie" is a perfect film to check out for the Halloween season, and stands as Tim Burton's best film in the past few years.
January 2, 2017
It's good movie to watch
½ December 17, 2016
Frankenweenie, while a funny homage to black-and-white horror films, is stymied by a rather dull middle act that doesn't pick up until the end. Ultimately, the film is passable, but forgettable.
½ November 30, 2016
Tim Burton is certainly not in a fruitful moment of his career, making one derivative movie after another such as this one, a stop motion animation that is supposed to be a comedy but is only silly and unfunny, with an uninspired premise and a very uninteresting development.
½ November 21, 2016
Not quite as good as Corpse bride but still a good flick.
October 31, 2016
Frankenweenie (2012) - In my opinion is not only one of the most underrated films from "Disney" but I also think this is Tim Burton's most underrated film. The film wasn't hated it did perfectly good with critics and audiences but after some time people just seemed to forget about it. The movie was based off of a short that Tim Burton did back in 1984. It was basically the Frankenstein story but instead of bringing a creation to life they bring a dead dog back to life. I haven't the short honestly but i will check it out when i have a chance. 28 years later Burton decided to take his short film and extend it into a feature length film and surprisingly it did a great job with what it was given. Burton has been on a bumpy road with some of his recent films and it was actually refreshing to see him return to his roots and take a risk. The story is very heartfelt as well as visually interesting the animation is very eye popping considering that it was done in a black in white style. The character designs are very Tim Burton style and it really makes them pop. Sparky has got to be one of the most visually appealing characters that Tim Burton has made. I really did find him cute and he has the most uplifting moments in the entire movie. I'll have to admit though that there are a few problems. I kinda wished vector spent more time with the science teacher because i really do see their relationship and it's very odd but clever. Seriously though, I really do think this movie needs more attention and I hope that with every year that passes it will become the next Halloween Classic. (A)
½ October 26, 2016
Definitely one of Mr. Burton's most interesting tales, but not my favorite film I've seen in a while. The story is creative, and the spooky black and white filming was very smart, but I think it could've been better and was sometimes plain weird. Overall a nice film, with a great story.