Frankenweenie - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Frankenweenie Reviews

January 2, 2017
It's good movie to watch
½ December 17, 2016
Frankenweenie, while a funny homage to black-and-white horror films, is stymied by a rather dull middle act that doesn't pick up until the end. Ultimately, the film is passable, but forgettable.
½ November 30, 2016
Tim Burton is certainly not in a fruitful moment of his career, making one derivative movie after another such as this one, a stop motion animation that is supposed to be a comedy but is only silly and unfunny, with an uninspired premise and a very uninteresting development.
½ November 21, 2016
Not quite as good as Corpse bride but still a good flick.
October 31, 2016
Frankenweenie (2012) - In my opinion is not only one of the most underrated films from "Disney" but I also think this is Tim Burton's most underrated film. The film wasn't hated it did perfectly good with critics and audiences but after some time people just seemed to forget about it. The movie was based off of a short that Tim Burton did back in 1984. It was basically the Frankenstein story but instead of bringing a creation to life they bring a dead dog back to life. I haven't the short honestly but i will check it out when i have a chance. 28 years later Burton decided to take his short film and extend it into a feature length film and surprisingly it did a great job with what it was given. Burton has been on a bumpy road with some of his recent films and it was actually refreshing to see him return to his roots and take a risk. The story is very heartfelt as well as visually interesting the animation is very eye popping considering that it was done in a black in white style. The character designs are very Tim Burton style and it really makes them pop. Sparky has got to be one of the most visually appealing characters that Tim Burton has made. I really did find him cute and he has the most uplifting moments in the entire movie. I'll have to admit though that there are a few problems. I kinda wished vector spent more time with the science teacher because i really do see their relationship and it's very odd but clever. Seriously though, I really do think this movie needs more attention and I hope that with every year that passes it will become the next Halloween Classic. (A)
½ October 26, 2016
Definitely one of Mr. Burton's most interesting tales, but not my favorite film I've seen in a while. The story is creative, and the spooky black and white filming was very smart, but I think it could've been better and was sometimes plain weird. Overall a nice film, with a great story.
½ October 20, 2016
Director/co-writer Tim Burton expands upon his first short film with this story about a science prodigy who taps into Mary Shelley's toolkit in order to resurrect his recently departed dog. However, unlike the source novel's message about how humans shouldn't play God, Frankenweenie's storytelling tries to push a pro-science moral while it admonishes the superstitious townsfolk for fearing the unknown. Disney clearly financed this production because they wanted another cult hit in the vein of the enduring Nightmare Before Christmas. I don't think that Frankenweenie will sell quite as many t-shirts at the local Hot Topic, but it's a cute, likable little movie that should provide adequate diversion during October.
September 25, 2016
It's a shame Frankenweenie was never given a chance as it's a sweet stop motion film with a big heart and magical tale.
September 24, 2016
A good comeback to the animation world from Tim Burton, charming and in some ways scary, a great balance between substance and form that the director has been lacking in his previous movies.
½ August 27, 2016
A charming movie by classic Tim Burton. Finally?
August 11, 2016
I'm so excited for this. I hope Burton brings back his "A game "again for this one. The original was loved, & was the first film that brought me to tears (as a child).
½ July 20, 2016
I threw Tim Burton's "dark dead dog stop-motion-animated fantasy horror" onto DVD four years ago, in the event of needing something normal to put on in the company of others. I don't make the time to watch too many kids movies, but I've been finding the time to dig up all these dusty films I burned ages ago and just decided to get this out of the way next. My final verdict is that I think that this is Tim Burton's best movie. I was never a big fan of his projects and never could understand how he got to where he got, but I really loved how this was loaded with evil looking deformed emo children along with the re-animation of dead animals. The ending definitely brought back some Beetlejuice memories.
½ July 20, 2016
A terrible excuse of a film. A complete waste of my money. I have waited 4 years to give the lowest possible rating to this film.
June 20, 2016
Tim Burton shows a knack for animation, with his signature in tow.
½ June 1, 2016
The first 30 mins of the film are great, since the minute 31, the hole movie goes downhill. With unnecessary characters, a dumb end and one of the worst third act i never seen.
May 26, 2016
I don't think I'm being hyperbolic in saying that this is probably the most perfect movie Burton has ever made, and I dearly love many of them. This would have been my favorite movie of all time at 10 years old, and it spoke to deeply in both my modern obsession with the particulars of the genre and my childhood wonder at the mystery of it. Maybe I'm biased because of my personal connection to the film, but I really think when you break it down that this is easily one of the finest films Burrton has ever produced, and my favorite stop motion film I've ever seen (or horror spoof for that matter).
May 23, 2016
Burton brings about a charming world with innovative and beautiful animation. Despite the dreary monochromatic color scheme, the movie itself feels quite colorful, and the story is loving.
gwladys piperel
Review of the. movie Frankenwennie
This movie is a good short movie but I don't like the screenplay because it's a black and white movie and 80's movie... The film is directed by Tom Burton and dured 30,02 minutes.I give three stars. The story of the film is a life of the little boy who is a pricipal character of this movie. One day the dog of the boy died. Victor (the little boy) is very sad because he like Sparky (the dog). Victor is very intelligent because during the physical cour, he decide to bing by to life its dog with a electrick machines. The succeeds experience. Victor hide Sparky because any peoples can't look the new dog but her parent's look at the dog and protect Sparky. At the end the dog save the life of Victor. The movie is a good friendship. The pets and the sets are very simply because it's a house pets like desk... and the sets are kitchen or garden...I don't like the lighting because the movie are black and with movie. It's a Americain movie. The extra like the girl who have glasses are very crazy it's funny. The film score are a piano or a classic music. I don't like a specail effects of this film because there are very bad. This film looks like at Ted or cartoon film
May 12, 2016
frankenweenie is a movie directed by Tim burton and written by John august in october 5 2012 years ago and exit on DVD in january 8 2013.
this movie is a story of horror, animation, science-fiction and fantasy. this film durring 1h30 but we wathching 30m of this movie
it's the story of the yonger boy who speak of his life whis his best friend sparky who is the bog but sparky death.
yhe mane of the boy is victor and victore want help his sparky whith the electicity but is very difficult and the gog is verry strange. the dog dead to second foi and the peaple want the hep. the both best friends end the story together.

this story is very sad but very gooog.
the sets and the pets they very goo.
i very like this movie
****
May 12, 2016
Frankenweenie is a black and white film directed by Tim Burton. The film tells the story about a young boy who lost his dog, Sparky. Victor Frankenstein is the main character, he lives with his family and he has a "weird neighbourhood".
One day, Victor and Sparky were playing in the garden with a baseball ball when the dog was hit by a car. It was a very sad day for the family because they loved so much Sparky.. But Victor had an idea when he was in science class, he wants to Sparky lives against by electricity. And one night he did it.
I adore the cast because the neighbourhood is very funny and they play also very well the weird people.
I recommanded this film, it is original, funny and surprising. We can feel a lots of moods. Everyone can see this film, young to old.
I mean the music it's quite a suspens music because this is not too sad and happy.
At the end we are happy because the dog is alive even if it's a monster.