Friday - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Friday Reviews

½ October 6, 2016
Good movie, some references are a bit dated but the rest of the film makes up for it and as always John Witherspoon brings in the big laughs with his character and overall most actors do a great job although the star of this (ice cube) was clearly less educated on how to act than the rest of the cast.
August 30, 2016
An honest recommendation. . . from a white guy.
August 19, 2016
Two slackers spend their Friday getting high and taking on the neighborhood bully. Normally I don't care for these kind of one dimensional comedies, however this comedy has character depth and the entire cast is wonderful in their respective roles which made me forget how simple the storyline is.
½ July 19, 2016
One of the best stoner comedies ever made, thanks to Ice Cube and the hilarious Chris Tucker.
½ July 18, 2016
I remember all the time that my parents would say how rememberable and classic the film "Friday" is, and just recently I decided to check it out. Overall, it's a basic stoner buddy comedy film from the 90's, with nothing too amazing about it, it's just a enjoyable movie. Throughout times I laughed and overall, really enjoyed it.
½ June 18, 2016
Really? This is the film I have been hearing about my whole life? There is no plot, no point, and no structure to anything. Meandering nothing to the finish line.
June 15, 2016
Friday isn't particularly great or noteworthy on its own merits. It's roughly made, hardly anything happens, Cube isn't the strongest writer, etc., but it does have charismatic leads and enough amusing antics to skate by. Despite the lack of polish, it did become a cult classic of sorts and a launching pad for several of its talents after all.
May 23, 2016
Ice Cube has no talent as a writer (nor much as an actor) but did find who would want to direct this crappy stoner comedy that feels like the worst and most unfunny sitcom ever, plagued with awful actors (Chris Tucker is unbearable), painful gags and stereotypes instead of characters.
April 30, 2016
Divertídisima película, que carece de una trama en concreto, pero lo compensa lo hilarante y carismática que es la película.
April 24, 2016
Classic. John Witherspoon absolutely kills it.
½ April 23, 2016
Loved this film back in the day and still do a classic 90's comedy with Tucker before he found god and stopped smokin da herb
April 11, 2016
A true classic full of fun and laughs with a sense of realism involved
½ April 1, 2016
Very stupid but very funny at the same time!
March 3, 2016
An entertaining and down to Earth film that offers glimpses into the lives of its charismatic leads Ice Cube and Chris Tucker.
½ February 13, 2016
73%
Saw this on 12/2/16
Friday is not that funny, whatever small laughs the film manages to bring, its because of the cast, especially by John Witherspoon who is the only consistently funny player here. However, Friday attains some momentum towards the end, however it's still a let down compared to the expectations I had.
January 30, 2016
Laugh yo ass off, DAMNnnnnn!!!!
January 23, 2016
A hilarious comedy version of Boyz n the Hood that Ice Cube did a few years later. It even has a lot of the same actors.
January 12, 2016
It's hard to know just how much of Friday's greatness was intentional or just a happy accident. Not that I'm really having a go at F. Gary Gray, but I'm not really a big believer in his work, and this has to be his best and perhaps most ingeniously understated film for sure. The thing that makes it a winner is the authenticity of the film. It skillfully makes very funny satire about very serious social problems in everyday african american neighbourhoods, and whilst it might be tempting to think these problems are sugar-coated in their depiction, they really aren't at all. And it works because at some point you realise there's this real sense of community and love out there for each other, despite the hardships that the young men, women, and familes live with in these communities. A surpisingly effective drama too, and probably Chis Tucker's most effective role/performance.
January 10, 2016
I love this movie it so funny