Friday - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Friday Reviews

August 19, 2017
friday es una pelicula buena que cumple su objetivo de entretener y hacer reir a la audienciacon dos amigos del barrioque pasan el dia entreteniendose y haciendo de todo en un viernes
July 31, 2017
Didn't rewatch so fudging the rating
July 29, 2017
"Bye Felicia." Those two words and its meaning got me interested in one of the best cult comedy films I have ever seen! The characters and acting were colorful (funny, intimidating, and reasonable) and the story was pretty good (although the dramatic moments didn't seem to resonate well; they felt enforced in order to reflect on some serious moments). Nevertheless, "Friday" is a one-of-a-kind comedy that is guaranteed to leave you laughing while at the same time saying "Damn!".

"I was just bullshittin'! And you know this... man!" Ha ha, just joking!
July 25, 2017
The original Friday may not be a true masterpiece but it's the best out of the trilogy cause it has Smokey and not Day-Day.
July 22, 2017
Thank you John Singleton for telling Cube to keep writing screenplays. Boyz showed us the brutal reality that is living in hood but Cube wanted the world to see that it was all bad. Most of the days were good and full of fun. Most people in the hood are good, fun loving people whom also love barbecues, street sports and late porch kick back sessions. Who wouldn't want me to be part of that? Cube and Tucker are so good together, I really want them to reunite for one final Friday. One of my favorite movies ever.
½ July 17, 2017
This movie is awesome. It's funny as hell and I can watch it over and over again. I do have some issues with the film, such as the Potty Humor as an example. But, overall, great hood movie.
½ June 14, 2017
I found this on Netflix and thought it was worth checking out. The good news it is still a funny movie and it has grown better with time. The 90s had a lot of films that occured over a day and this one was definitely right up there with the best of them. Ice Cube was wet under the ears but the role suited him, playing against type. Chris Tucker was great as the right hand man, as time went on you realised he was very one dimensional though. The film has very funny beats and manages to squeeze a lot of characters and story into the running time. The key to the film is an emotional storyline and relatable characters, this has it all and deserved the cult status that surrounds it. 14-06-2017.
May 30, 2017
Friday is probably in my favorites rated R movie well my second favorite rated R movie, I like Friday a lot not only because a lot of people like it but because it's a really good movie, I love it
½ May 27, 2017
F. Gary Gray, along the presence of Ice Cube and Chris Tucker, managed to put together an exaggerated-yet-satirical African American comedy, with enough laughs and style to stand on it's own, for the most part of the film.
½ May 9, 2017
It is Friday and Craig Jones (Ice Cube) is unemployed, having, yesterday, been fired. He is lounging around his house with his friend Smokey (Chris Tucker), a rather incompetent weed dealer. Smokey's problem is that he tends to smoke, rather than sell, his product. This has lead to trouble with Smokey's supplier, Big Worm, who now wants his money, or his product back, or Smokey is a dead man. Then there's Deebo, the local bully, plus Craig's jealous, psychotic girlfriend, Joi, and Debbie, the neighbour Craig has a crush on. A lot can happen while lounging around your house on a Friday.

Good fun. The first movie written by Ice Cube, of NWA fame, and the first movie directed by F Gary Gray, who would go on to direct Straight Outta Compton, the movie on NWA. Pretty funny, with a nice relaxed sort of feel.

Some good themes towards the end, especially the anti-gun violence stance.

Solid performances all round. Ice Cube and Chris Tucker make a good combination - Tucker as the over-the-top, extroverted Smokey and Ice Cube as the more straight-playing Craig.
½ May 6, 2017
I've never wanted to see a character get killed more than Chris Tucker. Sooo... don't use a gun...but use bricks?!
May 5, 2017
Friday should be an atonal disaster. Instead, it's only a slightly uneven 90s (VERY 90s) romp. At this time, what much of America had written off as savage and brutish, Friday gave an entertaining and human face. Simplistically presented but complexly impactful.
May 3, 2017
In the early to mid 1990s, films about the "hood" were often portrayed as violent, drug-infested and gangs. With the 1995 movie Friday, the "hood" takes a comedic bent, showing the lighter sides of living in the hood. F. Gary Gray, then a rookie director lays it out perfectly. Ice Cube, who was then only known for his gangsta rap and portrayal of a troubled gang-youth Dough Boy in Boyz n the Hood and Afro-centric college student mentor in Higher Learning exhibits for the first time his comedic talents without trying to be funny.

The person who steals the show for most of the movie is comedian and actor Chris Tucker with his high-pitched voice and excellent comedic timing.

I find it as an enjoyable movie to watch with a cast of characters that weave the story through from start to finish.
April 27, 2017
Depending on your neighborhood you come form or even live in now the movie might be more amusing and entertaining. The dialogue in the film has very high volume might be hard to understand to ones who don't know the about the movies environment but it's still worth the watch.
March 18, 2017
The funniest movie of the 90s. a classic that is still funny over 20 years later. Ice Cubes greatest achievement.
March 16, 2017
100% Classic. The only thing wrong with this movie is that it spawned "Next Friday" and "Friday After Next".
March 6, 2017
3/5/2017: A good movie and already a classic.
½ February 26, 2017
One of the best comedy movies EVER!
February 17, 2017
Classic, I don't care what anybody says. One of the most quotable movies of all time.
February 8, 2017
classic but not the best one .