Friday - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Friday Reviews

March 18, 2017
The funniest movie of the 90s. a classic that is still funny over 20 years later. Ice Cubes greatest achievement.
March 16, 2017
100% Classic. The only thing wrong with this movie is that it spawned "Next Friday" and "Friday After Next".
March 6, 2017
3/5/2017: A good movie and already a classic.
½ February 26, 2017
One of the best comedy movies EVER!
February 17, 2017
Classic, I don't care what anybody says. One of the most quotable movies of all time.
February 8, 2017
classic but not the best one .
½ January 28, 2017
Digging deeper than it appears, Friday exposes the best of Ice Cube.
½ January 5, 2017
If this movie didnt have John Witherspoon's character in it, it probably wouldnt be much of a movie. He makes it. Every scene with him is gold.
½ December 31, 2016
Friday is probably in my favorites rated R movie well my second favorite rated R movie, I like Friday a lot not only because a lot of people like it but because it's a good movie it's a pretty good movie
December 13, 2016
Where Friday benefits the most in in the comedic performances, and not so much the story.
½ October 6, 2016
Good movie, some references are a bit dated but the rest of the film makes up for it and as always John Witherspoon brings in the big laughs with his character and overall most actors do a great job although the star of this (ice cube) was clearly less educated on how to act than the rest of the cast.
August 30, 2016
An honest recommendation. . . from a white guy.
August 19, 2016
Two slackers spend their Friday getting high and taking on the neighborhood bully. Normally I don't care for these kind of one dimensional comedies, however this comedy has character depth and the entire cast is wonderful in their respective roles which made me forget how simple the storyline is.
½ July 19, 2016
One of the best stoner comedies ever made, thanks to Ice Cube and the hilarious Chris Tucker.
½ July 18, 2016
I remember all the time that my parents would say how rememberable and classic the film "Friday" is, and just recently I decided to check it out. Overall, it's a basic stoner buddy comedy film from the 90's, with nothing too amazing about it, it's just a enjoyable movie. Throughout times I laughed and overall, really enjoyed it.
½ June 18, 2016
Really? This is the film I have been hearing about my whole life? There is no plot, no point, and no structure to anything. Meandering nothing to the finish line.
June 15, 2016
Friday isn't particularly great or noteworthy on its own merits. It's roughly made, hardly anything happens, Cube isn't the strongest writer, etc., but it does have charismatic leads and enough amusing antics to skate by. Despite the lack of polish, it did become a cult classic of sorts and a launching pad for several of its talents after all.
May 23, 2016
Ice Cube has no talent as a writer (nor much as an actor) but did find who would want to direct this crappy stoner comedy that feels like the worst and most unfunny sitcom ever, plagued with awful actors (Chris Tucker is unbearable), painful gags and stereotypes instead of characters.
April 30, 2016
Divertídisima película, que carece de una trama en concreto, pero lo compensa lo hilarante y carismática que es la película.
April 24, 2016
Classic. John Witherspoon absolutely kills it.