Gable and Lombard Reviews

• Sep 04, 2014

I really love this movie. I thought Jill Clayburgh was wonderful as Carole Lombard (if lacking the look a bit), and James Brolin had me doing a double take in a few parts. He really looks and sounds like Clark Gable. Some have said he is doing nothing more than a good impersonation of Clark, and didn't add enough creatively to make the character his own. But I believe that is all you can ask when you are portraying a person as distinctive as Clark was. He did a wonderful job, without turning his performance into a cliche caricature.

• Jun 18, 2013

Great Biopic movie... I would definately recommend it for any Gable /& or Lombard Fan, of which I am one of many ! Four Star rating for this excellently produced & acted Biopic ! Keep up the good work ! .... Regards from Laura Daitch/ Germering Bavaria Germany (Formerly of Montreal Qc., Cdn.)

• Sep 01, 2012

Cool n' fun. But everyone seems to hate that movie...

Cool n' fun. But everyone seems to hate that movie...

• Mar 29, 2011

Obviously an attempt to make a film in the style of the 1930s, but the script is just terrible.

• nefnie l Super Reviewer
    Oct 03, 2010

Oh, I so wanted to like this movie about my favorite Hollywood couple. Brolin does a good impersonation of Gable, but lacks his charisma. Clayburgh was just so wrong for the role of Lombard, that I don't even know where to begin; so I won't. This was supposed to be a story about one of the greatest love affairs, and it fails to do it justice. The biggest disappointment lies in the storytelling itself. Something tells me that the Gable and Lombard story would be interesting enough without dramatizing it.

• Nov 08, 2009

Crass rubbish, Jill Clayburgh should be shot for doing such an injustice to such a wonderful star. James Brolin fares better and at least gives an effort portraying Gable. The historical accuracy is a joke, the period detail is phony. Pure tripe and should be avoided at all cost.

• Nov 08, 2009

• Jul 14, 2008

super awsome movie!!!

super awsome movie!!!

• May 27, 2008

This is a good movie

This is a good movie

• Aug 27, 2007

This film took two juicy people and turned 'em into caricatures. The costumes are superb, but there are so many blatant falsehoods put into a film which didn't need them - it's distracting. The real story was fascinating enough; why all this nonsense? Interesting as a curiosity piece, nothing more.