Reviews

• Jun 23, 2020

Deeply dumb and not remotely exciting. The plot made next to no sense.

Deeply dumb and not remotely exciting. The plot made next to no sense.

• Jan 03, 2016

I'm a fan of sci-fi and I love both the steam punk and cyberpunk/cybergoth sense of aesthetics. As such I should love this film, right? I guess I should, but unfortunately "The Gene Generation" is much too sub-par for me to remotely like it. The plot is an incohesive and boring mess, the editing is clumsy, the characters are undeveloped and uninteresting, the special effects are laughable, the acting is not worth mentioning, the action scenes are worthless, etc. I didn't expect much from a film this obscure, but "The Gene Generation" really blew away any expectations I had to leave only continuous nay-shaking behind. The only remotely redeeming factor is the soundtrack, which was somewhat enjoyable and matched the intended cyberpunk/cybergoth atmosphere. Watch this film only if you're a hardcore fan of either EBM or cyberpunk/cybergoth and you don't give a damn about this film having any quality at all.

• Oct 18, 2015

An interesting film for art direction, but sadly in need of a plot with some direction to it, and a lot better acting, character development, etc. Just being visually interesting doesn't make a movie.

• Jun 27, 2015

Low budget, didn't last 15 minutes.

Low budget, didn't last 15 minutes.

• Jan 01, 2015

Combichrist was the only good thing about this

Combichrist was the only good thing about this

• Apr 03, 2014

The Gene Generation was dark, bleak, but a very good futuristic action film with cracking good performances from Bai Ling & Waterloo Road's Alec Newman.

• Nov 21, 2013

A glorified TV movie that starts with CGI in the games format so looses any kind of realism, so places the situation in the realm of fantasy. Acting, if one can call it that is mediocre at best and deteriorates as it progresses. The script is a bunch of clichés strung together badly allowing no story whatsoever to evolve. The shower scenes are the only worthwhile part. Nibbles: Noodles

• Directors C Super Reviewer
    Jul 18, 2013

[img]http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/user/icons/icon14.gif[/img]

[img]http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/user/icons/icon14.gif[/img]

• Jul 07, 2013

Horrible. Simply horrible. A 5 year old can produce a better movie with after effects.

• Oct 09, 2012

Good futuristic sci-fi movie. Great animation with a good cast lead by Bai Ling. Better than most nowadays.