God Bless the Child Reviews

• Sep 11, 2012

Outstanding and heart breaking film.

Outstanding and heart breaking film.

• Mar 21, 2010

Cheesy performances and some subtleties asided, this is a fairly moving, realistic depiction of inner city poverty. Plus, Mos Def!

• Jul 08, 2009

A young mother who lost her job and her little daughter. This is definitely an image for a single mother who has to kept her child and do anything she can do to keep alive. She has to wander to many places to get a better home and job but, everything seems fall apart. She does anything to make their life better but, the result is not as same as she hoped. This is a very good movie criticize problems related to poverty.

• Mar 14, 2008

its sad, but justa standard sob story....

its sad, but justa standard sob story....

• Jan 21, 2008

This movie will break your heart. The ending is so well done. This is truly the saddest movie I have ever seen.

• Jan 17, 2008

This movie was so sad. I watched it in my child development class! It really makes you think about things. i loved it. <3

• Jun 21, 2007

Five stars for Mos Def. Mare Winningham needed a haircut.

Five stars for Mos Def. Mare Winningham needed a haircut.

• Jun 05, 2007

A film which illustrates the terrible cycle of poverty that exists in the United States.

• Jun 02, 2007

Very sad movie - what drives a mom to abandon her child - poverty, depression - good movie, sad

• May 23, 2007