Du xia II zhi Shang Hai tan du sheng (Back to Shanghai) (God of Gamblers III) Reviews

• Oct 31, 2018

An entertaining Stephen Chow vehicle as always but a surprisingly tight screenplay too.

• Oct 21, 2013

Back to the future Stephen Chow version

Back to the future Stephen Chow version

• Mar 30, 2013

Typical HK movie in 90th,which made up my memories of childhood

Typical HK movie in 90th,which made up my memories of childhood

• Dec 09, 2010

Thursday, December 9, 2010 (1991) God of Gamblers III: Back To Shanghai (In Chinese with English subtitles) ACTION/ COMEDY After the first one did so well, the cast of Stephen Chow and sidekick Man Tat Ng return again, except this time the silly plot involves going back to the past to confront bad guys! Expect spontaneous sight gags that can sometimes be too over the top but work extremely well with this film except that it is not as funny as # 2! Ray Lieu, and Gong Li stars this time but their roles are somewhat miniscule! 3 out of 4

• Oct 31, 2009

Used to watch this movie every single day after coming back from school. Never bored of it. He's a very talented funny actor. I call him my God of Laugh!

• Oct 19, 2009

LAGI MUSIM MAIN POKER DI FB NEH KAYAKNYA...BIAR LEBIH SERU..TONTON NEH MLM...DIJAMIN NGAKAK....WAKAKAKAKA

• Sep 06, 2009

Another sequel in the series, this one sees Stephen Chow and Ng Man Tat transported back in time during the Chinese Civil War/Japanese occupation. The Japanese are shown to be ruthless and Stephen Chow has to beat their gambler in order to save his relative.

• Feb 25, 2009

yo iki dewa gemblung...

yo iki dewa gemblung...

• Feb 24, 2009

the fact that there is much to be done to be the best if great... the joke's were funny... and some were just dumb... but it still get's me to laugh..

• Feb 08, 2009

More silliness, less gambling in the third God of Gamblers movie. With no Andy Lau to hold him back, Stephen Chow gets more room to do his own routines, which sometimes are painfully childish but mostly hilariously funny. And about halfway through there's a fabulous song and dance number that makes me wish Wong Jing had turned this whole movie into a musical. Pork buns!