The Goddess of 1967 Reviews

• Aug 30, 2014

A good cast and some beautiful scenery can't help this art house film to really lift off the ground. Tumultuous and confusing at times, the story is nevertheless interesting and some moments are quite magical. Unfortunately the film doesn't convince and will leave you with a feeling of underachievement.

• Mar 31, 2012

derdini agir aksak anlatan bir film...etkiledi nedense... ablanin performansina hayran kaldim. karizma guzellik.

• Feb 04, 2012

The kind of eerie, sweetly morbid film that I tend to fall in love with. The atmosphere, the pain, the beauty stayed with me for days after watching it.

• Edgar C Super Reviewer
    Nov 22, 2011

Traveling wildly through forbidden and forgotten landscapes and through different eras, encompassing different scenarios of either graphic or tacit brutality, Clara Law experiments with two endlessly contrasting characters in a futile search of any means that may represent the construction of an eternal oblivion. Like a haunting sample of artistic cinema gathering New Wave tendencies and a couple of remnants of old Czech experimentation, <i>The Goddess of 1967</i> is a surrealistic triumph of Aussie cinema thanks to the vision of an underrated cinema heroin. <i>"I want to buy god"</i> 97/100

• Sep 20, 2011

Sometimes disjointed, & not everything works, but this mildly quirky film does manage to keep you watching.

• Aug 26, 2011

Filme australiano de quem quase ninguà (C)m ouviu falar. AtuaÃÃ,§ÃÃ,£o excepcional da Rose Byrne. I LOVE ROAD MOVIES !!! <3 <3 <3

• Dec 14, 2010

I give my utmost respect to Australian film.

I give my utmost respect to Australian film.

• Oct 25, 2010

a experimental road movie masterpiece !!!!

a experimental road movie masterpiece !!!!

• Mar 21, 2010

Artsy or pretentious? You decide.

Artsy or pretentious? You decide.

• Anastasia B Super Reviewer
    Oct 31, 2009

Clara Law photographs a journey into wilderness, and very carefully, step by step, she brings to light the protagonist's sordid past of sexual abuse. Rose Byrne looks like she was made for this part. She shines throughout the film, and makes this difficult journey, worthwhile. It's not an easy film to watch, but it rewards you, with the wide mystifying shots of the wild landscape, and the charm of the "Goddess". Essentially, it feels like you're looking at two different films, until the two protagonists meet. His story, and her story. Luckily, in the end, the journey is theirs, both.