Going Berserk Reviews

• Feb 11, 2016

I had never seen this film with former SCTV cast member John Candy, Eugene Levy and Joe Flaherty so gave it a try. While not great, it was entertaining enough to stick with it...mostly because I'm a huge John Candy fan. I can't recommend it though. For fans only.

• Feb 01, 2016

Couple of good moments, but it would be better if they just made it a full-blown SCTV movie. Same with Club Paradise, though that's also poor, it's more of a movie.

• Jun 14, 2015

NOT CANDY'S FILM BY FAR BUT FOR AN EARLY ONE HAS QUITE A FEW FUNNY MOMENTS FROM CANDY AND THE CAST.

• May 29, 2013

Has its chuckle moments, but it's all about the fake movie "Kung Fu U" within the movie.

• Dann M Super Reviewer
    Jan 29, 2013

Dull and formulaic, Going Berserk is an underwhelming comedy that's poorly made. The story follows a limo driver that is brain washed by a religious cult to become an assassin, but things don't go exactly as planned. The cast features some impressive comedic talent, such as John Candy, Eugene Levy, and Ernie Hudson, but they're poorly used. The story is also particularly bad; it just doesn't go anywhere and nothing pays off. Going Berserk is a pointless and uninspired film that only delivers occasional laughs.

• Nov 09, 2012

Laughed out loud a few times, which is more than I can say for most comedies.

Laughed out loud a few times, which is more than I can say for most comedies.

• Oct 27, 2012

John Candy as a limo driver who is brainwashed to kill his future father-in-law by a religious aerobics cult. Has SCTV alumni Joe Flaherty and Eugene Levy with Candy giving a nod to Melonville early. Liked Candy handcuffed to the dead guy.

• Sep 08, 2012

Some immensely funny scenes.

Some immensely funny scenes.

• Jul 07, 2012

I laughed a few times.

I laughed a few times.

• Apr 25, 2012

John Candy is brainwashed in an attempt to kill his Congressman father-in-law to be. A significant underachievement given the presence of three SCTV alumni. When these guys fail to make it work there are real problems.