The Great New Wonderful Reviews

• Feb 12, 2015

This movie was probably brilliant but it also made me want to die. I've been thinking about it for years since I've seen it, so that's something, but I don't feel like any of those thoughts were positive. This movie is probably a weapon of mass destruction.

• Nov 05, 2013

Entertaining and moving ensemble movie in the same vein as Steel Magnolias and Shortcuts. While the characters and the subplots are amusing and hold your attention, the cohesion is lacking though.

• Jul 12, 2013

This film captures the disconnected malaise that New Yorkers felt a year after 9/11. It is subtle and elicits a sense of being lost in the viewer, much like New Yorkers must have felt at that time. A remarkable, but somewhat disturbing series of vignettes that strike home.

• Feb 06, 2013

What an interesting movie. It tells the story of a group of New Yorkers one year on from the 911 attacks; how they are coping and living their lives. Nothing is said specifically about 911 everything is hinted at throughout the movie (except for the news report). It's filmed beautifully as it sweeps between the characters' lives ultimately I was left wanting more as the movie is a short hr and 20 mins aprox. The most suprising element of this film was the humour. It's subtle and a little black and for me made the movie. It turned a somewhat depressing movie into something unique. Don't expect something extraordinary - this is a movie about everyday things so watch it for the characters.

• Jan 10, 2013

Not all the little stories and vignettes work (some seem almost pointless), but most of the performances, especially a haughty luncheon under a veil of politeness with Gyllenhaal and Falco, are spot on, involving and revealing.

• Dec 16, 2012

it is actually wonderful, how relationships beyond the obvious remains so very interesting..

• Sep 03, 2012

I will admit: I only bought and watched this because Stephen Colbert is in it, but despite his small role, small, hilarious nuances surface each time you watch.

• Jul 01, 2012

there was a sex scene in the film, absolutely disrespectful of thr 9/11 victims.

• Jan 15, 2012

felt like it never really went anywhere...

felt like it never really went anywhere...

• Feb 08, 2011