Average Rating: 4.6/10
Reviews Counted: 17
Fresh: 5 | Rotten: 12
No consensus yet.
Average Rating: N/A
Critic Reviews: 3
Fresh: 1 | Rotten: 2
Average Rating: 3/5
User Ratings: 7,719
It's been said that nothing can bring two men closer together than a dollar placed between them, and a large family finds themselves becoming far closer than they'd like over several million dollars in this satiric comedy. Uncle Joe McTeague (Kirk Douglas) is an elderly man with a multi-million dollar fortune that he made in the scrap metal business and has no immediate heirs. While Joe has no children, he has plenty of relatives, most of whom don't really like him but want to curry his favor in
Mar 4, 1994 Wide
Dec 15, 1998
MCA Universal Home Video
Watch It Now
Michael J. Fox
Uncle Joe McTeague
Ed Begley Jr
Mary Ellen Trainor
Joe (9 years old)
John La Fayette
Joe (6 years old)
Francis X. McCarthy
No Friends? Inconceivable! Log in to see what your friends have to say.
Surprisingly sharp and funny. Fox, Douglas, and Travis are gems.
Douglas, Fox and Travis are a riotous threesome!
One of those "breathless ensemble farces" that I always seem to like. (See also: "Clue" & "Noises Off")
Audience Reviews for Greedy
- Daniel McTeague: Look, money's money. I need it just like everybody else, but money's not going to turn me into some sycophantic, arse-licking wacko.
- Molly Richardson: If I was having sex with your Uncle Joe, he'd be dead by now.
- Daniel McTeague: You're not broke, are you Uncle Joe?
- Uncle Joe McTeague: I'm richer than shit.
- Daniel McTeague: Goddamn it Frank. One more word out of you, I'll kick your arse so high up you'll have to take off your shirt to shit!
- Frank: I didn't like the Beatles, and I don't like you!
Discuss Greedy on our Movie forum!