Gremlins - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Gremlins Reviews

½ October 18, 2016
An enjoyable 80's movie with okay acting, but used practical effects and had decent humor. A worthwhile movie to watch.
½ October 17, 2016
Turn off the audio. Plays better as a silent film.
September 24, 2016
The prototypical horror comedy from the 80's. I don't think a film has given such an iconic quite creature in Gizmo, but also a few genuine scares too. Over the years it has grown into a beloved piece of pop culture, and I believe for what it is, it is much deserved.
½ September 23, 2016
Gremlins is a fun and entertaining film with great animatronics and special effects.
September 12, 2016
Acima de tudo um filme divertido. Joe Dante é um ótimo diretor.
September 7, 2016
My favorite gremlin was the fuzzy one. It was soooo cute.
September 1, 2016
Entertaining and simple, Gremlins is a fun family film that is easily enjoyable, putting together neat special effects and a catchy score.
August 23, 2016
After watching this for the first time 32 years after its release and on the rooftops of NYC, I can honestly say it was one of the most fun experiences watching a movie in recent memory.
½ August 11, 2016
this is your typical horror movie for kids the creatures look awesome but also this movie as so much to offer for a typical kid horror movie
August 8, 2016
Teen receives an exotic pet with special instructions. One of the instructions is to not get the creature wet which is what ultimately happens and the exotic creature creates and multiplies even weirder creatures that will soon terrorize the town. This 1984 hit is a throwback to campy horror flicks and it succeeds for the most part.
½ July 30, 2016
Made me laugh, Brilliant and different, If they never added the comedy it would of been terrible but in its own way it's a classic.
½ July 1, 2016
The movie is where the idea for minions came from
June 29, 2016
One of my favourite movies from my childhood. Emma 8/10. Lucy 9/10. Charlotte 10/10. 29/06/2016.
June 13, 2016
Steven Spielberg has done it again! Gremlins is one of my favorite thriller/comedy films ever. This movie is funny and adventurous. Plus, who doesn't love little Gizmo. I would very must suggest this movie.
June 8, 2016
An entertaining 80s horror-comedy from director Joe Dante ("Small Soilders") and executive producer Steven Spielberg, 'Gremlins' is the best of the 80s Monster movie genre, blending laughs with the horror. It has the feels of 50s horror B-movies, but a bit heavier in that tone. The thing I really loved about 'Gremlins' was that it takes place during the Christmas season, considering that if this movie took place on Halloween, Michael Myers wouldn't be to happy. Gremlins... Great fun. Just don't feed them after midnight.
June 6, 2016
A smart piece of popcorn entertainment that has the Spielberg influence all over it, fans of classic sci-fi films (and other cinematic staples) will enjoy all the references and cameos present here. It's an enjoyable little piece of 80's blockbuster fare.
½ May 15, 2016
4.5/5. An insane balls-to-the-walls film that everyone should watch multiple times.
May 12, 2016
A cheesy, campy horror-comedy popcorn classic.
April 6, 2016
Probably the most anti-Disney movie ever, this takes the saccharine all-American Christmas Frank Capra town and subjects it to a gleeful and vicious assault by nasty little gremlins. Slow to start, the Gizmo character is an endearing little creation but when his progeny take centrestage, the film takes some nasty turns. Its sheer delight in abusing its ciphers of characters gets a bit wearing.
½ March 20, 2016
Quite an interesting movie but a little bit too slow paced. I imagine a remake of this could be incredible.