Grief Reviews

• Mar 12, 2015

A magical film. Made on no budget, it portrays the AIDS crisis with dramatic comedy that is sharp and moving. I have never forgotten it since I first saw it and it holds up well today. Ferociously sexy and funny, it remains a small film that never fails to move the heart and surprise. It deserves multiple viewings.

• Dec 10, 2009

A beautiful and moving film about loss and recovery. Craig Chester just totally broke my heart in this film - one of his best performances.

• Jun 02, 2009

Film about a quirky group that writes for a show called "The Love Judge" kinda like the old "Divorce Court." Unfortunately the acting is quite bad over all, except for Illeana Douglas and Carlton Wilborn. Just unforgivably boring and monotonous. Just lots of whining and pining. No chemistry, actually no interaction between the characters, its like they're simply reading lines to each other.

• Jul 05, 2008

I really enjoyed this pic - saw it at the 94 Toronto film fest, knowing nothing about it in advance. Bought it on DVD - seeing it is bittersweet - lots of water under the bridge since those days for Alexis and the rest of us.

• Jan 30, 2008

Horrible production values and some of the most stilted acting I've ever seen pretty much sink Grief completely.

• Aug 30, 2007

One of my favourite movies of all time. A cult classic. Great performances throughout.

• Jun 05, 2007

Another small gem that's worth checking out. I love it--Illeana Douglas and Jackie Beat are terrific.