Hangman's House Reviews

• May 27, 2011

Interesting at times but nothing special.

Interesting at times but nothing special.

• Oct 04, 2008

Solid John Ford silent melodrama.

Solid John Ford silent melodrama.

• Aug 17, 2008

Holy S#*t! Victor McLagen looks funny as hell with silent-era eye shadow and mascara on. I can imagine him being less than overjoyed at the prospect. It’s always amazed me how silent-era actresses all look so similar. The photography and the makeup seem to make their faces blend together at times. However, this may also be because studios chose actresses that look similar to one another and due to the relatively small number of studios/makeup artists. June Collyer looks and acts the part quite well. It’s an interesting story, but seems a bit scattered and unfocused at times.

• Jan 17, 2008

Back into melodrama mode, but something about this was really gripping. The horse race scene was pretty amazing, and Ford seems more restrained with the camera, and as a result, the film draws you in more. Good stuff.