Head Games Reviews

• Dec 27, 2014

From someone who thinks team sports are boring: This is a really interesting look at head injuries in sports. The overwhelming evidence is that they are a much bigger problem than is admitted, even with the NFL actively talking about it and donating to concussion research. There's a culture that encourages athletes to 'just shake it off' if they can stand and play; but it turns out that even seemingly-minor injuries can be really dangerous for a lot of people, especially kids. They try to explore the line between keeping people safe and keeping people too safe.

• Nov 06, 2013

After watching Head Games I was amazed at how many players just thought it was nothing when they got hit, and got right back in the game. After suffering 2 major ones as a 15 year old soccer keeper I realize how serious it is and want other people to be aware as well. To me this was a very important film and I think anyone who play a contact/competitive sport should watch this.

• Oct 22, 2013

Well, no more contact sports , you guys. Chris Nowinski (Chris Harvard to some WWE fans) paints a dire picture of athletic endeavours in America. This doesn't take into account the NFL's $765m settlement over head injuries, or how critics of the NHL have said despite all the changes they've made, no affect has been made in regressing concussive incidents. I mean, they could ban fighting, but that's no fun.

• Aug 15, 2013

A little disjointed at parts, but very informative and the stories & questions posed are quite engaging.

• Jun 29, 2013

Tout le monde devrait voir ce film pour comprendre le fléau des commotions cérébrales dans le sport

• Feb 10, 2013

As someone with a chronic neurologic disorder that causes constant headaches, it was hard to watch some of these kids and parents justify the risk of suffering lifelong brain damage to continue playing sports. I love hockey, and sports in general, but it's sobering and in some ways encouraging to see science catching up to what most should intuitively know. repeatedly hitting your head has consequences...

• Feb 06, 2013

As a dad of a child that plays football and another that plays lacrosse, this is a scary movie to see. There is one scene in this film where they are interviewing a doctor about concussions and that scene is one of the scariest scenes in a movie I have seen since The Shining.

• Wu C Super Reviewer
    Jan 17, 2013

A must see for sports fans and anyone who's curious about the effects of concussions.

• Dec 09, 2012

A heartbreaking, devastating documentary. It's rare a documentary this important comes along, and this poignant study is a must watch for anyone who has ever played or watched a contact sport.

• Oct 22, 2012

More statistics than I expected, but less than I wanted. Good treatment of a difficult subject.