Hearts in Atlantis Reviews

• Dec 03, 2019

I like this film. It is by no means great or perfect, but it really touches me. The friendship between Ted (Hopkins) and Bobby comes off as very genuine. I tear up everytime that I see this film. It is a very solid coming of age film with a little mystery mixed in. It brings me back to my childhood and the innocence that is lost when you have to grow up.

• Apr 10, 2019

There is so much heart in this film. The acting is subtle and powerful. The voice over narration bookending the film is just the right amount that quickly makes it a film that makes it a film that will be hard to forget. A simply wonderful film.

• Dec 13, 2017

If this whole move is not good enough, there is no good enough movies ever !

If this whole move is not good enough, there is no good enough movies ever !

• Aug 24, 2017

Eh, I think the movie has good acting, and there were some interesting incidents/moments in the story, like when Bobby uses his mind-reading for that trick at the carnival. But I didn't think the story as a whole was that great. It was just fine. 6.5/10

• Aug 19, 2017

So much potential. Sadly directionless and in the end leaves you feeling empty.

So much potential. Sadly directionless and in the end leaves you feeling empty.

• Aug 04, 2017

Really enjoyed the book, but this adaptation doesn't even come close to capturing what made it special.

• Jul 15, 2017

Sentimental overload.

Sentimental overload.

• Jul 13, 2017

Superior King adaptation. Rock solid child acting and Hopkins playing everything perfectly.

• Nov 13, 2016

I happened apon this movie without ever knowing anything about it. I couldn't stop watching and wound up caring for the characters and crying during some scenes and laughing out loud in others. Bravo!

• Sep 25, 2016

A rather unknown Stephen King film. It's pretty much going back over old ground which is probably not a bad thing for fans of the better films of his books. This is attempting to be emotional and heart warming but, despite having one of the most decorated actors in the lead role, falls pretty short. It's not a bad film though, just ok.