Heaven's Prisoners Reviews

• May 15, 2020

I actually walked out on this movie - it was just that bad.

I actually walked out on this movie - it was just that bad.

• Jan 26, 2020

How are the stars so low for this movie??? Alk the characters are good characters, and although its about good vs bad, it has themed elements that add to this story...Has action and suspense...I just cant ever decide by the end, if Im team Robichcheaux or Bubba Rock??

• Jun 04, 2017

Okay, so the good here is the Louisiana setting, Eric Roberts as a crime boss doing this crazy drawling delivery that I really enjoyed, and a nude Teri Hatcher, because Yowza. The upshot is that a couple adopt a young Salvadoran girl when they find her at the site of a plane crash int he swamps, but our lead is an ex-cop, so his investigation into how she got their official puts a target on the backs of himself, his wife and the young kid. The film runs a bit long, but if you have an afternoon to kill, it's a decent little time waster. Rental?

• Feb 20, 2017

I enjoyed the film. A little bit long. I surprised at the low ratings. It is entertaining

• Apr 20, 2015

It would be nice if you could combine the two movies, taking the good aspects from one (Tommy Lee Jones, the elegiac tone, etc. from the sequel, and the more coherent and compelling application of plot and world-building from this one) and ditch all the bad stuff. I feel like this movie's parts are less than those of its sequel, but the sum ends up being more in some way that I can't really explain. I'm kinda surprised at how poorly this is rated, I found it pretty entertaining.

• Jul 15, 2014

For the first 45 minutes, an interesting story set in an interesting location with an interesting cast threatened to overcome the awful acting, dialogue, characters, motivation, and accents. But then the movie went on for another hour-and-a-half.

• Red L Super Reviewer
    Mar 27, 2013

Heaven's Prisoners is a mediocre movie - the kind one expects from the no-name made-in-Canada movies. It has this problem where the bad guys just kill their enemies in cold blood, whereas the hero - even though he is an ex-cop - can only shoot the bad guys in self defence. So the ways the movie deals with eliminating the bad guys can be quite convoluted.

• Jul 19, 2012

One of the best American movies ever, not a typical Hollywood one, but beat a crap of any action or thriller.

• Nov 15, 2011

It was watchable and at times interesting. I had my issues with it. I thought the little girl would have more of a significant part of the mystery but then it just turned into a routine revenge flick. The foreshadow with the cup rings was good, but it was just too bland of a movie, and Teri Hatcher being the culprit was fine, but what was her motives really? I shouldnt have to question it if the movie covered its basics.

• Sep 02, 2011

There are actually some good moments in this film, but not even Teri Hatcher's breasts can compensate for the wooden, sweat-laden intensity of Alec Baldwin, who drags the film down to a speed that makes a sloth look hyperactive.