Herbie Goes Bananas Reviews

• Mar 08, 2020

Kind of falls apart without the usual crew. But, that Mexican kid who steals is memorable. The new crew is too silly to be taken seriously, but they are characters.

• Jan 29, 2020

Never seen this movie but it was at least partly responsible for a very bad nuclear disaster in Brazil in 1985 so I think that maybe it should get points taken off for that.

• Jan 01, 2020

Every character in this movie is insufferable

Every character in this movie is insufferable

• Jun 27, 2018

Corny, boasting characters that aren't all that interesting (including an annoying little kid) and rather tedious, Herbie Goes Bananas has a couple of laughs, the titular VW Beetle is always fun to watch but it was at this point a series of movies (I wouldn't consider it a franchise) overstayed its welcome even though it was never THAT good to begin with.

• Jul 23, 2016

Cheesy but has good moments.

Cheesy but has good moments.

• Jun 19, 2016

Herbies in Rio for one last adventure.

Herbies in Rio for one last adventure.

• May 12, 2014

I guess this might be my second favorite Herbie movie; I did watch it about as much as "Monte Carlo". The scene where Herbie "walks the plank" is really heart-breaking. But the relationships of the orphan boy and the car really pulls the movie through as well as the relationships of the other characters. In the end, that's pretty much the theme of this film: friendships. And I like that.

• Dec 30, 2013

Christmas movie with Gertie. The worst of the franchise by a mile. Some of the hammiest acting I've ever seen. Gertie loved it!

• May 16, 2013

I own this on DVD in a five movie pack along with: * The Love Bug (1969) * Herbie Rides Again (1974) * Herbie Goes To Monte Carlo (1977) * Herbie Fully Loaded (2005)

• Feb 23, 2013

130221: I was surprised that I enjoyed this movie as much as I did. The film quality was good, there were some funny moments, my boy enjoyed it quite a bit (8 years old - another surprise), and I loved the way Herbie looked with the wide tires and moon caps. Cool car. Probably a little better than my 2.5 stars but just can't give it 3.