J'ai rencontré le Père Noël (I Believe in Santa Claus) (Here Comes Santa Claus) Reviews

• Dec 20, 2014

Always loved this one. Our boys did too as they were growing up.

Always loved this one. Our boys did too as they were growing up.

• Dec 24, 2012

Best Christmas movie EVER!!!!!!!!!

Best Christmas movie EVER!!!!!!!!!

• Sarah P Super Reviewer
    Nov 14, 2010

I never watched this as a child, so watching it now, it seems really ridiculous.

• Nov 23, 2009

One of the most memorable childhood christmas movies I have. Great Christmas movie.

• Dec 29, 2008

This! This, my friends, is the greatest gift I can give you this Christmas: A movie so rare and bizarre, not even Odd Obsession, purveyor of rare and bizarre movies, had heard of it before I inquired! Also, my favorite Christmas movie. It's called Here Comes Santa Claus or I Believe in Santa Claus or J'ai rencontré le Père Noël, depending who you ask, and it's the heartwarming tale of two French children who sneak onto a plane during a field trip to the airport and fly to Rovanemi to ask Santa Claus and some fairy to rescue the boy's parents, who I believe may have been kidnapped by African rebels. My mom fished it out of a bargain bin for my sister and I back in our VHS years and forever mangled my taste in movies. We watched it over and over each Christmas... and yet I've yet to see It's a Wonderful Life in its entirety. On that note... Merry Christmas!

• Dec 14, 2007

Wow. I'll try to fit how amazing this movie is into words, but it is going to be extremely difficult. Excellent acting throughout and the character development is remarkable. It's a classic story of a small boy overcoming the pain and strife of having his parents kidnapped by african tribal leaders. After only a brisk walk through the forest next to an airport, the boy and his friend were able to solicit the help of santa and their fairy god teacher to help release his parents. It's heartwarming that the kid was willing to forego the pleasures of a material gift and ask for the relase of his parents instead; this act showed true compassion and unselfishness. A nonstop thrill ride accompanied by a sinister troll who makes you clean and amazing musical performances will have you pleading for more. A++++