The Hi-Lo Country Reviews

• Sep 19, 2018

J'ai beaucoup aimé ce drame occidental on est souvent inquiets pour les personnages très bien interprétés par l'ensemble du castings on se doute de la fin dUn mais on est surpris quand ça arrive,les paysages sont magnifiques et les bagarres très réalistes

• Jun 22, 2016

Narrated by Billy Crudup one of those actors whose name you may remember seeing in a list of performers but most would find difficulty in identifying. I think it would be safe to say he has a love/hate relationship with Hollywood--it's where you go to make the movies but you don't want to get drawn in too tight. After all he refused the lead in Titanic to play a movie few have probably seen. Ironic that at 6 1 Cole Hauser who plays Little Boy towers over his brother Big Boy. This movie turns the classic love triangle into a quadrangle as our two principals share an interest in another man's wife. Pete lusts after the unattainable while ignoring the woman who has always truly loved him. Is the baby whose name is to be Pete the child of his seed? Just asking.

• Aug 01, 2014

I like this movie. It starts of slow but the acting from billy crudup and woody harelson are pitch perfect. Its tragic but well done. Only complaint the director could have found someone better than Patricia Arquette. She cute but bland.

• Sep 27, 2013

(** 1/2): [img]http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/user/icons/icon13.gif[/img] I liked the cast, but I became less interested with film as it went along. A near-miss.

• jay n Super Reviewer
    Jul 08, 2013

A miss from the usually stellar Frears. Slow moving and dull. The uninspired acting from everybody but Woody doesn't help.

• Dec 25, 2012

I am really surprised that film buffs don't rate this movie higher! This is a beautifully acted, directed and shot movie with a script that's a little slow in parts. It's a character study. It's an off-beat modern Western. It's got Patricia Arquette at her sluttiest best, before she ballooned up and Penelope Cruz as a sexy-cute Latina girlfriend. It's got Woody Harrelson and Billy Crudup doing a bang up job. I found it mesmerizing.

• Mar 25, 2012

Good potential. Phenominal cast. The story was crappy. Patricia Arquette was just a floosy whore and Billy Crudups character was stupid. FLOP!!

• May 06, 2011

This is one of the finest movies I have ever seen. It is the interactions of the characters with one another as well as their surroundings that bring this movie to life, making you feel a part of the feelings these people have. You CARE about them, and your heart breaks right along with theirs. Excellent casting, and beautiful cinematography. If you get a chance, watch this film. The only move that has moved me as much as this one is Brokeback Mountain, for all the same reasons.

• May 02, 2010

A Beautiful girl drive boys crazy. Patricia Arquette looked attractive and took a better part, but I prefer Penelope Cruz!

• Mar 18, 2009

Revu il y a peu, un film qui aurait merite plus d'attention. Une grande histoire americaine comme on les aime, avec Stetson!