Hold That Ghost Reviews

• Jul 05, 2019

More geared toward kids than most of their movies. Their best is The Time of Their Lives, where the comedic timing is impeccable.

• Jan 15, 2019

Hallaurous comedy with great jokes and great actors.

Hallaurous comedy with great jokes and great actors.

• May 12, 2018

I love this movie I've seen it hundreds of times and still watch it

I love this movie I've seen it hundreds of times and still watch it

• Sep 26, 2017

First Abbott and Costello Movie I Ever Saw, and it's still great!

First Abbott and Costello Movie I Ever Saw, and it's still great!

• Mar 23, 2017

Bud Abbott and Lou Costello are a pair of gas station attendants who accidentally find themselves the last people with a notorious gangster when he is killed in a shoot-out with the police and, surprisingly, become the beneficiaries of his will. They inherit a seemingly haunted roadside tavern. Trapped there with several other people (including comedienne Joan Davis) they find trouble and eventually treasure. This story is book-ended by scenes in a nightclub with The Andrews Sisters (who also appeared in Abbott and Costello's first film) and bandleader Ted Lewis. These scenes seem tacked on to add a variety element to the picture, not all that uncommon during the forties. Bud and Lou are in fine form, hilariously and ridiculously bumbling through every scene and situation. The plot is just an excuse for their routines and antics. But this isn't Bergman and it's all easily forgotten a few hours later.

• Feb 05, 2017

Pure fun from start to finish. In the movie the legendary comedy team cemented their reputation as one of the greatest comedy duos of all time. The late Lou Costello was excellent. I don't think I need to say more, but his excellent dialogue and hysterical scared moments make this movie a sheer delight. Bud Abbott is the perfect straight man for Lou. They were made for each other. All of the credit does not to just to them. They are helped by an extremely talented supporting cast who deliver their fair share of laughs as well. An excellent movie which could very well be the best the comic legends ever made. Make time to see it if you have not already.

• Oct 20, 2015

Hold that Ghost isn't particularly scary, nor does it make a lot of sense, but it's still endearing. Abbott and Costello are a fantastic comedy duo with impeccable timing, even if the humor is a bit dated now. However, I do think that Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein is a better Halloween movie than this one.

• Sep 23, 2015

A very funny Abbott & Costello movie! Need to see the beginning.

A very funny Abbott & Costello movie! Need to see the beginning.

• Sep 16, 2015

first feature the boyz made at Universal but third released behind the 2 svc comedies

• Apr 30, 2015

This was one of Abbott & Costello's biggest hits, a funny variation on the 'old dark house' theme; The Andrews Sisters sing "Aurora."