Reviews

• Apr 20, 2022

This movie is a pretty standard Western, though tamer than most. It's a fun time, baseline enjoyable, an adventure without being adventurous. Closest comparison: It's like Shane by way of Rio Bravo, both of which are better films. Setting: Western Plot: Western Tone: Western

• Dec 12, 2021

One of the great westerns. This is right there with The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance, The Searchers, and True Grit.

• Dec 07, 2021

It's your typical western story but it's told in a very adult and mature way

It's your typical western story but it's told in a very adult and mature way

• Oct 04, 2021

Not the greatest Western I have seen and it definitely doesn't deserve such a high score, but I did have a good time with such a straight forward plot.

• Jun 02, 2021

Not really a John Wayne fan, but I’m sure he can do better than this. Middlin script

• May 27, 2021

John WAYNE. WARD BOND. Great movie. Lots of Action. Sympathetic to Injns. Had to laff a little when the Duke said he had a ranch in California 'east of San Dimas'. That would be Pomona? or maybe Chino? The plasce has changed a lot since then. A few years later I was in the same little restaurant on the Isthmus in Catalina Island with Ward Bond. Saw all, 1st time, May 2021.

• Jan 09, 2021

It was OK overall as western movie with John Wayne as the typical tough guy, but, I though the story really didn't amount to much and was confusing at times as to who's side he was on, Apache or Cavalry

• Sep 16, 2020

One of the Dukes best.

One of the Dukes best.

• Jul 21, 2020

Interchangeable with a million other of the star's films.

Interchangeable with a million other of the star's films.

• Apr 11, 2020

This one had been on my list for some time. It was good Starz had it. It was good, but different. Indian, father son, bad marriage and even government relations at play here.