Housesitter Reviews

• Jun 11, 2019

This film is good old fashioned comedy. Martin and Hawn have great on-screen chemistry! The plot, although not particularly strong keeps you hooked and provides many laughs!

• Mar 08, 2019

Laughs throughout! Steve Martin and Goldie Hawn are both charming and hilarious. Dana Delaney is wonderful in her part, too. I remembered laughing a lot when I first saw this in 1992. My wife and I watched it tonight, and 27 years later it's still funny.

• Jan 04, 2019

True to its era, this movie is comedic in the safest of early 90's Family Movie ways. Not the best movie either one of them ever starred in, but thanks to an enviable lakeside house, Martin and Hawn try to twist, turn and lie through their teeth to make everybody believe they're married and do have quite a few good funny moments! You might not laugh out loud, but the odd chuckle and plenty of grins and smiles are guaranteed!

• Nov 10, 2018

Housesitter is a 1992 American romantic comedy film directed by Frank Oz. This is an hilarious comedy. The chemistry and timing between the two leads is perfect, and there are some memorable scenes.

• Oct 29, 2018

Cute and entertaining. Brought a smile to my face

Cute and entertaining. Brought a smile to my face

• Mar 18, 2017

I only caught the last 25 mins - it looked inoffensive but pedestrian.

I only caught the last 25 mins - it looked inoffensive but pedestrian.

• Feb 26, 2017

A rather stupid story ads up to a quite cute and fussy movie in the end. But then again you can't help but love Goldie..

• Oct 03, 2016

A comedy that is actually funny.

A comedy that is actually funny.

• Aug 06, 2016

this is a fun movie with a nice concept that"half the things we tell ourselves are lies.". it visually appealling with great music and nuanced perfances. i really enjoy watching this every now and then.

• Jul 19, 2016

The story has potential, but "Housesitter" forgets to be funny.

The story has potential, but "Housesitter" forgets to be funny.