I Am David Reviews

• Nov 20, 2017

This is a wonderful intense movie for all ages. Many lessons can be learned from this story.

• Jan 16, 2017

I Am David isn't a remarkable nor easily memorable movie. Fortunately, the film remains dramatic/nearly tearjerking and occasionally funny enough to serve as a moving film which succeeds in large part due to the performance of Ben Tibber in the role of the title character and the direction of Paul Feig in his directorial debut that wasn't really remarkably awful. It was a simpler time, back when he wasn't making R-rated comedies with Melissa McCarthy.

• Mar 21, 2016

A tale about a young boys journey from escaping a prison camp to being reunited with his mother in Denmark. Not having ever been exposed to the outside world before, he encounters people, the concept of money, and a continuous dilemma of who he can trust along the way. With his only previous friend having been shot dead before he left, he can now only rely upon his memories and a handful of items that were left to him by his deceased comrade. I can honestly say that the only reason I watched this movie was because the title felt somewhat apt, not because I knew anything about it. I was really struggling to be entertained throughout as it was quite a slow, meaningless, and somewhat depressive plot, with next to no entertainment value. Yes, I can argue that the boy has acted it well, but to little avail as far as I'm concerned as there's nothing to get excited about here. I understand that films based on a story have to stick to the script to a large degree but what is the point in converting it to a film if not to engross its audience? It could just be my narrow minded view, but this just wasn't for me in any way, shape or form. I am David, and I like to entertain, but this David certainly did anything but.

• Nov 07, 2015

very epic movie for kids, i liked it alot as an adult. Most critics referenced here think over computerized garbage is 5 star worthy so dont listen to them. they get payed to say nice things about movies that wont pass the water treatment plants.

• Jun 18, 2015

Loved this film! The critics are wrong, believe the users.

Loved this film! The critics are wrong, believe the users.

• Apr 02, 2014

Amazing story. I tagged it impressionistic because you get impressions of the characters and plots just like Sophie's painting of David was an impression of what she saw in him. Very satisfying.

• Nov 12, 2013

I am David deserves a much high rating than 38%. Its a good movie! I do understand that its not exactly realistic and that there are quite a number of coincidences. However, it is still heartwarming and if you allow yourself to buy into the story then you can enjoy the joy that comes with David escaping.

• Oct 28, 2013

Made with good intention but runs as coincidental as a children's novel (it's based on one, afterall). I would compare it to a Hallmark movie. While the storyline is good, the movie drones until we are given Joan Plowright's charming performance through the last twenty minutes. Her heart can evoke audience tears, but often the rest of this film is hard to buy. Jim Caviezel is superb and grounded in his role. Overall, it's a good family film for those with eight-year-olds to teens, for the sake of the story itself.

• May 05, 2013

I found that it was a bit slow for my taste, and in my opinion, the movie ended a bit too quickly.

• Apr 12, 2013

Frankly, this avoids the part where David goes thru the mountains and gets captured by slaves, only to free out with a help of a dog. Not only that, it also avoids the parts where he gets past border sicurity, and it completley ruins the ending, because in the end, David knocks weakly on a door, only to find his mother. Film version: "OK, LETS SKIP TEH PART WHERE ITS BORING" . The film would have had a higher rating if it wasen't for the skipping. This is a disgrace to the book, which in my opinion is FANTASTIC