I Love Trouble Reviews

• Apr 19, 2015

It shows on screen how much these two actors didn't get along even if there characters are basic paper cutouts.

• Sep 13, 2014

Painful to watch. Arguably one of the worst script you could come across, but the performances were not much better. Awful film.

• Alex r Super Reviewer
    Jul 25, 2014

Mediocre romantic comedy, I Love Trouble is a film that had the potential of being much better than what it turned out to be. The film suffers from a wooden script, and in turn, the film becomes, tedious and dull to the point that you lose interest in what you're watching. I wanted the film, and felt it should really have stood out, but there weren't any good enough moment to let the film really shine through. I felt it was just a poorly constructed effort, one that didn't try to entertain, and considering what it tried to do with its story, it's surprising that the filmmakers couldn't deliver anything remotely interesting. I felt that this film was a wasted opportunity, one that should have been much better than this. As it is it, it's just not entertaining and it has plenty of clichéd fiddled moments that brings down the film a bit. This could have been quite interesting if more effort would have been put into the film's story in order to make it less formulaic. Unfortunately, it's just another rom-com that never does anything with its ideas and cast. If you're expecting something that will entertain you, you'll be disappointed as the film just doesn't have anything going for it to warrant a viewing. Like I said, if the film would have had a few rewrites, maybe its ideas could really have worked, but this is a film that is ordinary, as if it was made with the same old genre ideas to create something that doesn't do anything worth seeing.

• Oct 16, 2013

It's boring. I don't want to watch it again.

It's boring. I don't want to watch it again.

• Dec 25, 2012

This was a smart and entertaining comedy. Julia Roberts, as usual, was nothinThis was nothingg short of captivating. Nick Nolte was better here than I have seen him in past appearances. He and Ms. Roberts did seem to have a genuinely good connection on screen.

• Apr 21, 2012

Never tire of a good script and good acting

Never tire of a good script and good acting

• Aug 14, 2011

that was one of the worst movies. can't believe i watched that at the cinema, well i couldn't get into bars at the time lol

• Jun 12, 2011

STOP!....MY review is about a L.A. detective called I Love Trouble (1948), not this lame comedy made in 1994. RT didn't have my film noir film for some odd reason and I watched too much of it to not write the review. A wealthy man, Ralph Johnston, hires detective Stuart Bailey to investigate his wife's background. Lead actor Franchot Tone plays the role of private eye Bailey, but he comes off trying to be too much of a Bogart, using names like Angel (refering to whom he's talking) and phrases like "your good, very good" too too much. He seems to try his best to be another Sam Spade character right out of The Maltese Falcon. The pacing is methodical and a bit slow with the dialog being the typical snappy replies so trademark to the genre. But wait, Monsieur Rick! What about the title, what does it mean? Hell if I know! Another one of those titles obviously created to get people interested in the film. No one really LIKES trouble in the film. The detective certainly gets into a lot of trouble trying to find his woman. REVIEWS of the film: 1 "Just screened at Noir City 5 in SF - awesome!" ------filmnoirist from United States 2 "From the school of Raymond Chandler, an obscure film noir that packs a punch"---- bmacv from Western New York 3 "Disappointing" "For one thing, I didn't find Franchot Tone convincing as a tough private investigator."-----expandafter from United States For the entire 1948 show see: http://www.archive.org/details/I_Love_Trouble_movie NOTES about the film: 1 The character of Stuart Baily was later portrayed by Efrem Zimbalist, Jr. in the television series 77 Sunset Strip. 2 Based on a magazine story by Roy Huggins, this movie provided the round-about genesis of the TV series 77 Sunset Strip (also created by Huggins). In this movie, 'Franchot Tone' plays LA detective Stuart Bailey, which is same name of detective played ten years later by 'Ephrem Zimbalist Jr.' in the 1958 movie Girl on the Run. Cast Franchot Tone as Stuart Bailey Janet Blair as Norma Shannon Janis Carter as Mrs. Caprillo aka Jane Breeger and Janie Joy Adele Jergens as Boots Nestor Glenda Farrell as Hazel Bixby Steven Geray as Keller Tom Powers as Ralph Johnston Lynn Merrick as Mrs. Johnston John Ireland as Reno Donald Curtis as Martin Eduardo Ciannelli as John Vega Caprillo Robert Barrat as Lt. Quint Raymond Burr as Herb Eddie Marr as Sharpy Arthur Space as Sgt. Muller Directed by S. Sylvan Simon Produced by S. Sylvan Simon Written by Roy Huggins (novel The Double Take) Music by George Duning Cinematography Charles Lawton, Jr. Editing by Al Clark Studio Columbia Pictures Distributed by Columbia Pictures Release date(s) 1948 Running time 93 minutes .

• Mar 08, 2011

suspenseful and funny! roberts is evidently fantastic as always! funny to see rutherford in this movie as well (although in a rather small role)! i like reporter stories and mysteries and this film elegantly combines both! rare roberts film I hadn't seen prior to now, i can warmly recommend it though! :)

• Feb 12, 2011